Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

Ball of Fury

Thank you guys!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

12X400, 8.17 total. Avg 6:57 for the intervals. This is by far the most mentally draining Hansons workout, for me, because of the sheer volume of intervals. It was also very hot and humid. I ran after work, so the sun was already headed down. But it was still really warm because of the humidity. Anyway, first speed workout done. Bring on the rest day!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

DTF - I get that. Thought maybe it was a political or moral issue.

CBus - thats a bad ass workout

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Ball of Fury

Morning Donuts!!  Max Cardio Conditioning with no extra breaks....yay!!!  Have a great day guys!

CBus:  Awesome intervals!!

Smashy!!!

Happy Hansons Wednesday!

Thanks for the shoutouts!

Hey all,

12X400, 8.17 total. Avg 6:57 for the intervals. This is by far the most mentally draining Hansons workout, for me, because of the sheer volume of intervals. It was also very hot and humid. I ran after work, so the sun was already headed down. But it was still really warm because of the humidity. Anyway, first speed workout done. Bring on the rest day!

I had the same workout.  But next week, it is 3wu+5(1k@5kw400r)+3cd.  That is gonna be ugly, going from 400m to 1000m.  Sigh.....

mdawg87

Morning all!  SRD for all the Hansonites.  Glad to have it as yesterday was day 7 in a row due to business travel schedule juggling last week.

cbus:  The 6x1 mile w/400 recoveries workout yesterday reminded me of the 12x400 workout.  Just takes a long time because of the number of intervals.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

onemile

SRD for me.

Cbus - nice job on the 400s.  Those were intimidating for me too because there are so many of them but ended up not being bad. Glad they're done though.

bagopux

2 x 15 min. at HMP for me.  7.6 miles total.  humidity was about 213%.  that's a rough approximation but probably pretty close. Smile  it was what i call a "swimming pool run", meaning that by the end my clothes were so soaked that I looked like I just got out of a swimming pool.

Ball of Fury

Morning all!  SRD for all the Hansonites.  Glad to have it as yesterday was day 7 in a row due to business travel schedule juggling last week.

cbus:  The 6x1 mile w/400 recoveries workout yesterday reminded me of the 12x400 workout.  Just takes a long time because of the number of intervals.

That was my least favorite of all the Hanson workouts...especially since I had to run the mile intervals at 7:50/mile!!

an easy 7 or 8 recovery miles this evening. Last nights 7 miles at a 7:52 pace with the last mile at a 7:01 pace doesn't seem to have left my legs tired or sore today like the 4x800's last week.

RVD - you've got that. you've done harder workouts. its temporary and then the benefits kick in.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Good morning.  Wow, those Hanson workouts look sadistic!  I'm going to let you all be the guinea pigs and I will decide after whether it's a plan that might work for me. : )

5 recovery miles for me later today.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Smashy!!!

Ami, yeah, that is why I don't really like their HM plan. The set up works great for the marathon. HM, not so much.

Rvd, that's a hell of a leap!

Paula, Onemile already Beta-tested the plan. See her Carmel RR. And then join us!

White Lightning

Was planning a rest day but instead went out for 2.5 nice and slow recovery miles. Have an hour of yoga later tonight

Play the Game Hard!

onemile

Paula, Onemile already Beta-tested the plan. See her Carmel RR. And then join us!

I was all by my lonesome last time around but this time I have some good company. And you know misery loves company.  Big grin