Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Dreamn!!!

i ran super slow today.  From the first step I couldn't even run at easy pace.  Based on the fact that I am still exhausted and feel cold, I think my iron levels were low today.  I had a great time running in green knee socks that said BEER and completed my 4th marathon of the year but the hills and the low energy made it a super slow one.

Damaris

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! Missed a lot this weekend it seems. Don't have time to read 5 pages right now, but congrats to Docket, Flinders, akalei, mdawg on great races this weekend. (Sorry if i missed someone) I had a very strong 12 miler yesterday a on a new route with a trail I had no idea about. Run had a good mix of road, trail, and hills. Definitely gonna be a regular LR route I think. Ready to get back to some focused HM training again. 8.1m this morning and almos beat the snow, but lite snow my last mile. Going to be tough training week as my daughter has dance competition in lancaster this weekend and not sure what kind of miles i will get to run this weekend, so gonna cram as much as i can in during week. I'd like to get my first 60m week this week.

Great running and keep doing work!Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

mdawg87

Sprinkles - Hydrate and fuel

Not trying to burst any bubbles here but you young ladies know that they have started to figure out that your BQ times are not as fast as they should be.  There was an article about this in runners world last week.  You may want to move fast towards that BQ if you want to get it at the current time limit.

It's funny this came out as DH and I were talking about it recently.  I've always thought the standards for women in the two age groups (40-44 and 45-49) I've been part of since starting running were a little soft.  Not that it's easy to get a 3:45 to a 3:55 time, but it seems a lot more doable than my DH's time of 3:25.

I don't think the times will be tightened any further for a while.  It seems very important to the BAA to have a good gender split in terms of entrants.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

mdawg87

As for me...abs, cycling, and stretching at the gym this morning.  DH says thanks for all the race congrats.  He's thinking of doing a HM in Pensacola, FL on April 7th.  I will need every bit of discipline I possess to NOT sign up for it if he decides to run it.  There's no way I could be ready to race a HM in 3 weeks coming off of injury.  Not to mention it would probably be just plain stupid.

Sprinkles:  Congrats on the new PR!  The big question though is how did the sparkle skirt group behave?

Dreamn:  Very nice!  I've heard great things about Shamrock.  I'd like to run that one.

Josh:  You are my hero for even attempting to run in those conditions.

Docket:  Rest and recover.  Glad you enjoyed LA though.

Jedi:  Excellent training this weekend.  I love those strong training runs.  They make you feel invincible.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

onemile

Boston standards... 3:35 seems plenty hard.  I'm not sure I'll ever be able to run that, much less 3:25.  But I guess there are probably a lot of guys who can't run their standards too?  I've never seen Boston as my goal so I'm not really worried.

Damaris - nice on finishing another one!

Jedi - great 12 miler!

6 easy for me on the schedule for tonight.  Not feeling too bad after my 18 yesterday.

Also, I purchased the Hansons 12 week 50-70mpw plan and put it in my log if anyone's curious as to what that plan entails.  I'm just tossing around ideas for what to use for my fall marathon.

Rusk Runner

Glad to see everyone is doing well!  I will attempt a 6 to 8 mile recovery run tomorrow morning to see how the leg cooperates.

Crazy weekend.  On edge after cancelling my 20 miler to begin with and now there are complications with DW's grandma.  Work is nuts and all I really wanna do is get out and run.

On the BQ stuff...All I want is the 3:25 as a goal, and thats just because it is a standard I would like to achieve.  I havent much desire to run the Boston Marathon.  Its just my competitive nature to see if I can line up to some measure of success (please dont take that the wrong way, as I think finishing a marathon is a huge success).

Onemile - I will have to check out that program.  Thanks for posting it.  The notes for the 12 mile tempos say 10 with 8.  Is that a typo?

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

That's what I get for copying the workouts to put it in quickly.  Fixed it. They should be 12 with 8.

Onemile - I will have to check out that program.  Thanks for posting it.  The notes for the 12 mile tempos say 10 with 8.  Is that a typo?

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

indi - at least you don't need a 3;15 like i do. if everything goes according to plan i might try to BQ in Philly, if not next spring which was always the plan and my last attempt to get it under 3:15 as next fall I can BQ with a 3;25.

Glad to see everyone is doing well!  I will attempt a 6 to 8 mile recovery run tomorrow morning to see how the leg cooperates.

Crazy weekend.  On edge after cancelling my 20 miler to begin with and now there are complications with DW's grandma.  Work is nuts and all I really wanna do is get out and run.

On the BQ stuff...All I want is the 3:25 as a goal, and thats just because it is a standard I would like to achieve.  I havent much desire to run the Boston Marathon.  Its just my competitive nature to see if I can line up to some measure of success (please dont take that the wrong way, as I think finishing a marathon is a huge success).

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

Afternoon Donuts!  Sitting here trying to get up the motivation to go outside and run...it's cold, it's windy, and it's raining Disapprove.  But, tomorrow there are supposed to be 30-40 mph winds so I would like to get my Strength run in today.  I am not 100% sure my legs are ready for it, but I am going to at least give it a shot.  As far the BQ stuff, I would like to qualify sometime in the next 2 years and run it once, just for the experience of running it.  I am unsure how long DH and I can continue full marathon training as our kids get older and into activities if my work schedule doesn't slow down some, KWIM?  Anyway, guess I will go get dressed...maybe that will push me out the door.  I will be back later to update and do personals.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

White Lightning

I can't believe how much this last storm took the wind out of my sails.  I told my parents last night its time to sell this place so I can move somewhere warm.  This or next summer will be my last in Canada, wheels are officially in motion

Amik - sorry about the weather

I'd love to BQ someday but 3:05 is a bit quick for me to even think about considering I don't think i could run a 5k that fast yet.  Have a ways to go

SRD today but going to get some plyo done to see if I can get that spot worked out on my quad that's been nagging me.

Play the Game Hard!

White Lightning

Oh yeah today I am officially finally in the healthy BMI range for the first time in 15 years, Fitztgerald is working really well for me.

Play the Game Hard!

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Got in 5 easy miles today @ 10:42. It was rainy, so there's that.

Happy running all!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Mdawg - as expected, the sparkle skirt crew had at least one illegal bib transfer.

Re: Boston - I'm totally going to go for it, but if I fall short, I'm not about to get my knickers in a twist.

Me- Total horror re: race photos today - how was my face so pink!  Oh, and why is "below" the best shot, huh?  I'd like to at least not look like I weigh 30 lbs more than I really do in some of these.  oh well.  It's cold here today.  I'm hobbling around a bit so I keep taking short walks to get more water.  Spin tonight- going to be taking it a bit easier on that bike today.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Ball of Fury

Well, I did it!  Good lord that was a hard workout, but I made it through.  2 mile warm-up, 4 x 1.5 miles @ GHMP (7:44, 7:46, 7:45, and 7:28) with 800 recoveries and 1 mile cool-down.  I got a little carried away on the last one, but I was cold and wet and was so tired of running up and down the same stretch of road, I just wanted it to be over (I have been trying to do my faster runs on flat ground because my goal race is so flat, but we only have a 1.2 mile stretch that is flat, so I ended up just running back and forth on that....boring!!).

Josh:  Congrats on the BMI!!  And I am so with you on the weather, and you have it worse than we do!  I would love to move to CA...perfect running weather, but it's $$$$

Sprinkles:  I hate, hate, hate race pics...I mean, really, I have never had a good one!  Enjoy spin!

CBus:  Nice easy 5!

Jedi:  Sounds like a nice trail run this weekend!

Onemile:  Thanks for putting the plan on there...gonna take a look!  I think you definitely have a BQ in you!

Indy:  I hope your leg holds up for your recovery run tomorrow!  At least IU still got a number 1 seed!

MDawg:  Nice workout!  And please do not run the HM....your recovery is going so well!

Docket:  Congrats on LA...and good luck with the ultra this weekend!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Way to go, Docket and Sprinkles!

Jedi I am lucky, being 62 I am allowed 3:55 (though I will probably need it!), a huge 15 minute jump from the 55-59 age group. Again, I don't plan to ever run Boston even if I can qualify, but it provides a standard against which to measure oneself.

Age grading is a wonderful invention!

Very little running recently but my son did the first long run of his ultra training on Saturday- 37 miles in around 7 hours! Not my cup of tea.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.