Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  At work (bah) but planning a short recovery run tonight.

indi, sorry about your wife's grandmother.

jedi, nice run.

Rollcast, morning!

onemile, yeah, that wind sounds horrible.  I did 18mph headwinds for my PR marathon and I don't wish that on anybody!

mdawg, enjoy the speed training workout.

Cbus, good luck at Columbus!

Damaris

onemile

Good luck!

Got a strength workout today--I think it's 1.5 mi. intervals with 800 rest, but I'll have to check. It's gonna be a windy one.

White Lightning

Josh:  What do you think is making the biggest impact for you on the Fitzgerald plan?

mdawg - Energy levels to complete my workouts and my energy levels through the day, without a doubt.  I still haven't had a cup of coffee in a few weeks and i don't need my afternoon nap anymore.  I've settled in to about 2900 calories a day, 450g of carbs and 100g of protien

Indi - sorry about your wife's grandma

Docket - Congrats on your next star on the maniacs

Sprinkles - great pic

Cbus - glad you signed up

onemile - good luck at the track tonight

me - Have 6 miles on tap sometime today after it snowed all afternoon yesterday but the sun's out and no wind so might do some extra miles.  Little frustrated with my race this weekend, highs were in the 50's, then two days ago high dropped to 42 and today it says high of 25 <sigh>

Play the Game Hard!

cmb4314

Morning!

Still booted up here.  I get to go next Wednesday to the doctor and hopefully begin PT and at least partial weight bearing pretty soon after that, assuming that everything looks good.  I cannot wait to be able to walk again.  I'm hoping that I can at least try to run some time in May.

Congrats everyone on the races!  Some really speedy PRs got set this past weekend, I'm impressed!

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Canuck

Hey all, long time, no post.  I'm not planning to post regularly in the March thread at this point, given that I'm about 35 pages behind, I think I'll wait for the April thread and start again then.  My injury has resolved, but running has still been very sporadic the last two weeks due to some insanity at work and some truly terrible weather as well.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to get back into a better routine this week.  I'm no longer running the half-marathon on April 7th, as it would cost me a few hundred dollars between the ferry and the hotel and it wouldn't be a goal race at this point anyway.  Still plan to run Vancouver, but just as a long run at this point.  Looking now at increasing miles and starting training for a fall marathon in June.  I'm planning on running the Bellingham Bay Marathon on September 29th.

Hope everyone is doing well.

cmb - glad you are on the mend!

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

White Lightning

Glad you have it sorted Zoe

6 recovery miles at 10:11 on some pretty tired legs.  Feel like i'm losing some momentum

Play the Game Hard!

Ball of Fury

Hi all!  Winds in the 20's with gusts in the 30-40s...no thanks!!  Went to the gym planning for 6 easy miles with some strength training.  I hate the TM so I typically hop-off every mile and do upper body and core work, just to break up the monotony.  It also provides some interval type training for my obstacle course races.  Anyway, I wasn't really feeling it anyway and after mile 4, some guy was asking me about races and such and after talking to him for about 10 minutes, I just gave up.  So, 4 miles @ 9:55/mile and some upper body.  Will have a couple miles to make up at some point this week, but not big deal.

Josh:  I think we all occasionally feel like we are losing momentum!  I think you are doing great!

Zoe:  Good to see you back!  Glad your injury is better and you have a solid plan in place.

Cmb:  Happy to see you too! I hope your appointment goes well and you can start PT!

Docket:  Welcome back to work, right?  Enjoy your recovery run.

Jedi:  Nice run this AM!!

Roll:  Congrats to you for getting up at "Indy time"

One and CBus:  Good luck on your strength runs.  I was hurting pretty badly today from mine yesterday, but glad I got it done!

MDawg:  Great 7 on the TM!  I have  friend at Disney right now and she keeps texting me pics of drinks and sun and fun....damn her!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Smashy!!!

So, I DNFed today's workout. First interval felt great. Second was harder. On the third, I said, forget it, and ended the workout. I just couldnt get on pace. I'm not sure what was wrong. The wind was something else, so maybe that was it. On the way back, there were moments that i had to walk. Or maybe I'm still not fully recovered. I dunno. In any case, tomorrow's a rest day.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

I am sorry you DNFd!  I will tell you yesterday, my 3rd interval was sooooo hard and after that one, I had to take a minute because I truly thought I was going to vomit!  The wind was pretty bad and was a good 15 mph slower yesterday than today so I wouldn't worry too much!

So, I DNFed today's workout. First interval felt great. Second was harder. On the third, I said, forget it, and ended the workout. I just couldnt get on pace. I'm not sure what was wrong. The wind was something else, so maybe that was it. On the way back, there were moments that i had to walk. Or maybe I'm still not fully recovered. I dunno. In any case, tomorrow's a rest day.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

White Lightning

Sucks, sorry Cbus.  I'm tempted to skip all my intervals this cycle which start next week and just finish my mileage and MP runs strong and get to the starting line healthy.

Play the Game Hard!

Smashy!!!

Sucks, sorry Cbus.  I'm tempted to skip all my intervals this cycle which start next week and just finish my mileage and MP runs strong and get to the starting line healthy.

That's a sensible plan. Flinders recommended something similar for me, and I think I might just do that. At this point, I don't think the benefits outweigh the costs of these workouts.

Smashy!!!

I am sorry you DNFd!  I will tell you yesterday, my 3rd interval was sooooo hard and after that one, I had to take a minute because I truly thought I was going to vomit!  The wind was pretty bad and was a good 15 mph slower yesterday than today so I wouldn't worry too much!

Thanks Ami. But don't be too sad for me. I'm not all that worried, so you shouldn't be.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Indi- Sorry to hear about your loss Sad  That's terrible.

Onemile- those are the good ones- there is one photo wherein I gained 20 pounds- this photo has been removed with that 'this is not me' feature offered by marathonfoto Big grin

Mdawg- I try to look like I'm being cute for race photogs but 90% of the time when I do, I wind up looking awful, so I stopped paying attention to them and now the pics have been a little better.  The worst was when I'd try to pick my arms up but had no energy left, so I looked pathetic.

Jedi- Those are some fast intervals.

Cbus- Congrats on the marathon registration! Always fun to hit enter and know you've sold your soul to another 18 weeks of planning!

me- My calves were still too sore to try out today, plus I had a long work day and a volunteer meeting after work, and then I had to go back to work.  Tomorrow I'm doing my short workout, moving the longer one to Thursday so that I can work with my boss's schedule.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cbus, sorry about the DNF.  Listen to your body!

I ran 3 miles, then rushed Trixie to the vet because she fell ill suddenly.  After losing Lily without any warning, we freak out a lot.  She has some vomiting issue but she looks OK.

Damaris

onemile

Morning guys!

Zoe - glad your injury is better and you have a plan to get back to training.

josh - nice recovery miles. Don't judge your progress based on one or two workouts.

Cbus - sorry the workout didn't go well.

Sprinkles - ha, good idea. I will have to use that feature too!

D - hope Trixie is doing better!

Got in my 11 w/ 2x3 miles at the indoor track last night.  It was feeling way too easy so I just ran it by effort instead. I think my footpod is messed up.  Today is a SRD but I think I might do an easy 3 miles to pad my week a little. I have my tune up half on Sunday and am trying to strike a balance between being rested enough to run well but still have a decent training week.