Options,Account, Forums

Crystal edges into second place:

AmoresPerros 34.3 mi 4:51:21
    Durrr 20 mi 2:24:47
    philibusters 26.4 mi 3:41:57
    rickschaffer83 0 mi 0:00
    Soprano 27.5 mi 3:53:31
    xenoplastic 0 mi 0:00

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I did run last week, but I don't think the results would change my standing any.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Bunch o' slackers, except for Crystal:

alden2    
        AmoresPerros 0 mi 0:00
        Durrr 0 mi 0:00
        Hosmer    
        philibusters 0 mi 0:00
        rickschaffer83 0 mi 0:00
        Soprano 7.1 mi 53:54
        Spoon    
        xenoplastic 0 mi 0:00

philibusters

For you DR..., Mary Cain blames her injury on treadmill running... http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/251568-Prefontaine-Classic-2014/video/746429-This-Mary-Cain-is-much-different-than-the-Mary-Cain-from-last-year#.U4oTzfldWvN

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ran a bunch of long stuff last weekend, then 300s on Tuesday, then took three days off (busy at work). Felt sore & tired today by mile 4. That's kind of disappointing. Going to try to run long tomorrow morning.

philibusters

My training has fallen off from where I was hoping it would be.  I want to run a 21 miler this week and its huge that I hit it because I don't have anything over 16 since Shamrock and I haven the endless Summer Run in 10 weeks.  My goal is to get in four 20 milers between now and then starting with a 21 miler this weekend, a 23 miler two weekends from now, a 27 miler July 4th weekend (I'll be in town if anybody wants to share me for all or part of it), and than a 21 miler the week after the July 4th weekend.  With four of those in the books I may hit my 38 mile goal.  If my long is 16 going into the run (like it is currently), I won't PR it.

Remind me and I can probably run with you on the 4th, but not sure how far I can go.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My mileage has fallen way off, and no recent long runs, so I need to get something in before ES6 also.

philibusters

I finally got a 20 miler in.  The goal was to get four 20 miler-- three at an absolute minimum.   This keeps my hopes alive that I will get in three 20 milers.  I'll get my second next week.  Have a week with no long run and then the 26 miler on that three day fourth of July weekend.  Will I be in prime shape for ES6 hour, probably not, but I'll still have a shot at PR'ing beating my 36.9 mark from 2012.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I ran 8mi w/u this morning before the 10K, then 2mi c/d and after awards a 4mi c/d, so I got plenty of running in, but disjointed.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Also, I'm glad you got the long run in, Phil, and hope you get the rest of them in.

philibusters

I had some fast times in a speed workout tonight in the heat with the caveat that I had A LOT of rest between intervals.

Interval 1:  4:30 1200  Lap 1:  1:26, Lap 2:  1:34, Lap 3: 1:30

Interval 2:  4:30 1200 Lap 1:  1:27, Lap 2: 1:33, Lap 3: 1:30

Interval 3:  4:18 1200 Lap 1:  1:28, Lap 2: 1:32, Lap 3: 1:18

Interval 4:  4:15 1200  Lap 1:  1:27,  Lap 2: 1:32, Lap 3: 1:16

Tje fast laps got me excited because I don't really have much speed work in and it was hot, BUT I had two lap jog recoveries plus about one minute  of standing around (Mike was running four 5:30 repeats with first two laps of each repeat at 3 minutes and second two laps at 2:30 so I just waited for him to finish his last lap and ran the two lap recover with him.  Plus we wasted 1 minute or so at the water fountain a couple of times.  So its tough how to interpret the workout due the large amount of rest.  Otherwise I'd be very happy with the workout.

Durrr

Do you think there's an advantage to holding back until the final 3rd of an interval vs. keeping a relatively steady hard effort the whole way?

philibusters

Do you think there's an advantage to holding back until the final 3rd of an interval vs. keeping a relatively steady hard effort the whole way?

Originally I was just going to do four 1200's in 4:30.  Mike hit his first rep dead on 3 exactly, then 2:30 exactly.  He missed his second fairly badly, like 3, then 2:36, so I was like I'll try to go with you on that third lap to push you.  It didn't work, he ran 5:39 and 5:40 miles for reps 3 and 4 with 3 minute opening 800's , then 2:39 and 2:40 for the second 800's so the workout just ended up being too ambituous.

Nice times. I think it's mostly just important not to have your first lap be your fastest. The other options are both decent workouts even if they are different. Running even is good heartrate and effort training. Fast finish is a decent effort with good speed training. Running fastest on the first lap is just inefficient.