The beautiful persons club

How's your tan coming along? (Read 333 times)

Bugs

Can't take it any more and started using my tanning bed. (It was in the house we bought.) I got cute tan lines though; was scared I'd burn my buns. Blush

Bugs

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hmm, I'm glad you brought that up, Bugs. I leave for Texas in 17 days Big grin so I should think about tanning a little. I will look like a YANKEE if I don't! Blush
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I need to start tanning...I only do it for maybe a month each year...just to get rid of the cooked bratwurst look my legs sport after a long Winter. Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

I hit the tanning bed every Saturday and sometimes on Sunday. I have SAD though and don't use it in the summer.
          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

I take the stance that I'd like to avoid the cancer as long as I can, so I slather on the 50 spf sunscreen before heading outside and avoid tanning beds and things like that. I get enough sun exposure outside of my running to not really worry about vitamin d deficiencies and the like.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I take the stance that I'd like to avoid the cancer as long as I can, so I slather on the 50 spf sunscreen before heading outside and avoid tanning beds and things like that. I get enough sun exposure outside of my running to not really worry about vitamin d deficiencies and the like.
              Since I grew up in Texas and tanned myself silly, I figure I'm toast already, so a little more tanning won't hurt. Wink
                *ahem* Skin cancer is not pretty folks. Be careful out there. At the very least, protect you nose, ears, and lips. Sunglasses are always glamorous, and they protect your eyelids. Carry on. Blush

Amy

Teresadfp

One day at a time

You're right, Amy, I should do better. It's kind of hard for me to take the sun seriously in Maine, since it's so less intense than down south, but I know it's still dangerous. I wear a moisturizer with sun screen in it, and I always wear sunglasses. I will need to do better on my arms and legs when I can finally expose them, though.
                    Yeah, sorry to do the whole Public Service Announcement thing. It's just that I didn't realize how disfiguring that disease is until I met a few people who had to have reconstructive surgery because of it. Not fun to lose part of your nose. Or your cheek. Or your eyelid. Just call me Debbie Downer. Have fun in Texas - you deserve to see some sun after that Maine winter. Smile MTA: http://video.yahoo.com/watch/111272

Amy

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Funny video! She even talks about skin cancer! Big grin
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Since I grew up in Texas and tanned myself silly, I figure I'm toast already, so a little more tanning won't hurt. Wink
                        Heh, that's my rationale, too. For me it's not an issue of IF I get skin cancer, but WHEN. Sad I always wear sunglasses and a brimmed hat when I run, though...I don't f'k with my eyesight. I'd slather on the sunscreen, but I have not found one that is truly sweat-resistant. The Coppertone Sport is probably the best...but have that shit sweat into your eyes ONCE and you will never ever apply it to your face again. Blinding, searing pain. If it sweats off of my face I don't see the point in trying to put it anyplace else. Plus it's $$. So I get that light base tan to help avoid painful sunburn, even though I know that "healthy" tan is still bad news--at least it's not painful.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Growing up I was always as dark as could be, I don't know if my mom used sunscreen on me or not but I was ALWAYS very tan. My brother and I tend to get really dark just like my dad. It took until recent years for me to appreciate the value of sunscreen. Now it's a must have and my family always uses it.

Michelle

I go from pasty white to burnt pretty easily if I don't wear sunscreen, but wearing it I go from pasty white to note quite as pasty white (as evidenced by sock lines.)
                            The Coppertone Sport is probably the best...
                            That's what I use.

Run to Win
                            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

A Saucy Wench

I tend to run at 5 am so sunscreen isnt much of an issue....except when I forget that it isnt 5 am and run midday. I wear baseball hat and shades and tend to only sunscreen nose , lips and shoulders on the rare occasions I wear a tank top.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I take the stance that I'd like to avoid the cancer as long as I can, so I slather on the 50 spf sunscreen before heading outside and avoid tanning beds and things like that.
                                Me too! I pretty much bathe in sunscreen when I'm going outside. When I'm at the beach I go through an entire bottle every other day! I'm terrified of skin cancer and I really don't want wrinkles either. I've never really been tan, but I still get carded for lottery tickets!! Big grin