The beautiful persons club

You can take the girl out of the 'hood (Read 452 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Understatement of the year. That was the best college football game I have ever seen. Big grin
    The previous Rose Bowl between Texas and Michigan was a hellava game as well (38-37 Texas on that last-second field goal Cry ). I'm still pissed amazed by Vince Young's ability to repeatedly turn third-and-9 into a guaranteed first down run. *Steers the car back onto the road* Hey Dragon, how's the condo huntin' goin'?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The previous Rose Bowl between Texas and Michigan was a hellava game as well (38-37 Texas on that last-second field goal Cry ). I'm still pissed amazed by Vince Young's ability to repeatedly turn third-and-9 into a guaranteed first down run. *Steers the car back onto the road* Hey Dragon, how's the condo huntin' goin'?
      Actually, I was pretty pleased with the direction this thread was going. That 2006 Rose Bowl game was so painful for me to watch, but I have to agree with the rest of you that Vince Young was just incredible. That was his day. Cry I'm in a holding pattern right now for the condo hunt. I'm being kind of picky. There are all of 8 condos on the market that meet my minimum requirements, and none of them are really doing it for me. I need to reassess next week.

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Actually, I was pretty pleased with the direction this thread was going.
        Trust me, I was too. I'm always ready to discuss college football. I just had one of those "what the hell were we talking about?" moments. It's okay to be picky. You need to be able to live with your decision. Cool

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Okay, so I'm still obsessing over condos. I found a 2 bedroom/2 bath top floor condo in Torrance in a good complex that I'm going to take a look at tomorrow. Yesterday I went to go visit a friend who lives in the building, and was very happy with the common areas - lots of nice landscaping, really clean, very safe, etc. Plus, it's right across the street from a park with a .9 mile jogging trail around it. Right now, I have to drive 20-30 minutes to get to a safe place to jog outside. It would be so nice to live in a town where people don't throw things at you from their cars as they speed by. Angry MTA: I tried to put photos in, but looks like they won't link. Bummer.

Amy

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good luck, Amy! Wow, you do need to find a safe place to live! I take that for granted, I guess. When we visit Boston, we have to remember to lock our car doors. A place to run that close would be nice, too. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

The Greatest of All Time

Good luck Amy!!!!!
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                Thanks guys! Marcus, did you have a nice relaxing trip?

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Plus, it's right across the street from a park with a .9 mile jogging trail around it.
                  Hey, only 29.1 laps (or so) for a marathon! Tongue Good luck with your house-hunting! MTA: Have you ruled out the beaches? (Hermosa/Manhattan)

Hey, only 29.1 laps (or so) for a marathon! Tongue Good luck with your house-hunting! MTA: Have you ruled out the beaches? (Hermosa/Manhattan)
                    Manhattan is definitely out, but still considering Redondo. I'm keeping an eye on Hermosa, but it would probably be too much of a stretch for me. The alternative would be to wait a few more months while I save up more money and see if the market drops any more.

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Manhattan is definitely out, but still considering Redondo. I'm keeping an eye on Hermosa, but it would probably be too much of a stretch for me. The alternative would be to wait a few more months while I save up more money and see if the market drops any more.
                      My familiarity of those three communities is derived primarily from drunken rollerblading from Manhattan Beach, though Hermosa, and on to Redondo. Therefore, my memories/impressions of these places are steeped in awesomeness, but are highly suspect.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My familiarity of those three communities is derived primarily from drunken rollerblading from Manhattan Beach, though Hermosa, and on to Redondo. Therefore, my memories/impressions of these places are steeped in awesomeness, but are highly suspect.
                        I've been there sober...it really is a gorgeous area. Good luck, Amy--I hope you find a wonderful place to live (and for us to visit, heh Wink). Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I've been there sober...it really is a gorgeous area. Good luck, Amy--I hope you find a wonderful place to live (and for us to visit, heh Wink). Big grin
                          I'll do my best. Big grin

Amy

I went to go look at the condo in Torrance today, and was pretty happy with it. I'm going to try to post some photos here - hopefully they come out okay. Beach front, it ain't. It isn't too far of a trip though - a little less than 3 miles. There are renters there now, hence the mismatched furniture and lack of pictures on the wall. Exterior: Club House: Interior: Living Room:

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That looks pretty nice...love the clubhouse and fireplace. It seems really nice and open and bright too with that vaulted ceiling. I like floorplans like that--good use of space and nice for having people over. Someday I want a house with a kitchen that opens into a great room. I'm a fan of fewer, larger rooms. Right now we live in a little old house that is technically 4 bdrm, even though 2 of the rooms are not even usable they are so small. If we were going to stay here long term I would want to knock out a wall to the hallway between the rooms and make the larger room useable and turn the smaller one into a walk-in closet.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

Nice. It's much prettier than the outside of my condo, which sort of looks like a prison.
                                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.