The beautiful persons club

You can take the girl out of the 'hood (Read 452 times)

Congratulations, Amy! That's great they just accepted it instead of counter-offering! I hope the rest of the process goes as smoothly for you! Teresa
    Thanks - I'm hoping it does too!

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

They accepted my offer. Yes Yay!!!
      Awesome!!!! And hey, you can do your own closing. Nice.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, that is excellent!!! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats!

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

A Saucy Wench

Woohoo!!! Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey, when's move-in?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Nice avatar, Globule! Closing is June 27 (if everything goes to plan). I had the inspection yesterday, and the major items all looked fine. There's a problem with the air-conditioning unit, and a couple of wiring/electrical issues I'll want to sort out, but I was very happy overall. The carpet, however, is fugly and stained in some places with what appears to be red candle wax. Damn hippies are everywhere. Big grin I'll either need to steam clean the bejesus out of it, or replace it.

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The carpet, however, is fugly and stained in some places with what appears to be red candle wax. Damn hippies are everywhere. Big grin I'll either need to steam clean the bejesus out of it, or replace it.
                  I think you can put a piece of paper towel over the spot and run a hot iron out of it...the wax will melt and soak into the paper. Of course, you have to be careful that the carpet doesn't melt, too.

~ Sarah Kay

I think you can put a piece of paper towel over the spot and run a hot iron out of it...the wax will melt and soak into the paper. Of course, you have to be careful that the carpet doesn't melt, too.
                    Oh, that's a good tip. Zoom-Zoom, you could give Heloise a run for her money. Smile

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that's a good tip. Zoom-Zoom, you could give Heloise a run for her money. Smile
                      That's probably where I learned it. Ooh, another good thing is that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser...and I could swear they have a carpet cleaning thing, too. Now...if I could just find a way to remove crayon from walls without also removing paint... Roll eyes

~ Sarah Kay

I need to take a look at the condo rules, but hopefully at some point I'll be able to rip that sucker out and put in some laminate flooring. Sooo much better for asthma.

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...put in some laminate flooring. Sooo much better for asthma.
                          Yes. We have pine plank flooring and it's really nice. I have a little hard floor vacuum (Bissell makes it, I think). Works great to suck up dust and cat hair, then I mop.

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

That's probably where I learned it. Ooh, another good thing is that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser...and I could swear they have a carpet cleaning thing, too. Now...if I could just find a way to remove crayon from walls without also removing paint... Roll eyes
                            Doesn't the Mr. Clean work on crayon? I thought I got some off that way.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Doesn't the Mr. Clean work on crayon? I thought I got some off that way.
                              Yeah, but it removes the paint, too. It's basically just a really fine abrasive.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nice avatar, Globule!
                                Thanks! I was gonna get my Diddley on while driving home yesterday, and I realized to my dismay that I have no Bo Diddley on my iPod. Shocked This is a grievous error that will soon be rectified. I did have George Thoorgood's excellent cover of "Who Do You Love?", but listening to one of the sons is no substitute for for rockin' to the Daddy. You are, of course, going to call your new place The Dragon's Lair, right? Cool

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.