The beautiful persons club

You can take the girl out of the 'hood (Read 452 times)

You are, of course, going to call your new place The Dragon's Lair, right? Cool
    Yeah, right. Now, where did I put my 12 sided dice?

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Now, where did I put my 12 sided dice?
      I'm gonna wreck some of my geek cred (and thus improve some of my BPC cred) by saying that I've never played Dungeons and Dragons (which I think is what you were referring to). You could also call your new place The Litter Box.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm gonna wreck some of my geek cred (and thus improve some of my BPC cred) by saying that I've never played Dungeons and Dragons (which I think is what you were referring to).
        What?! Shocked How can you be my brother's doppelganger if you aren't into DnD? Confused Seriously...he goes to these gaming "cons." I don't get it at. all.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'm gonna wreck some of my geek cred (and thus improve some of my BPC cred) by saying that I've never played Dungeons and Dragons (which I think is what you were referring to). You could also call your new place The Litter Box.
          Hey now. We've gone from bad to worse! Tongue

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

What?! Shocked How can you be my brother's doppelganger if you aren't into DnD? Confused
            You ever seen those DnD guys? What a bunch of friggin' dorks. Tongue I dunno, it just never appealed to me. That's not to say I couldn't have gotten hooked on it, but I wasn't hanging with quite the right crowd to get swept up with it. Plus, it would have cut into my trombone practice time. Seriously. BTW, I found my Darth Maul lightsaber the other day in the garage. Good times. Everyone has their geek vices.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

BTW, I found my Darth Maul lightsaber the other day in the garage. Good times. Everyone has their geek vices.
              I realize I risk banishment for this, but I have: 1) Been to more comic book conventions than I can count. 2) Attended the first (and possibly last) X-Files convention. 3) Stood in line for the better part of a day to watch the 3:00 a.m. showing of Star Wars Episode I at the Mann's Chinese Theater on opening night. Approximately 30% of the audience was dressed as Darth Maul.

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I realize I risk banishment for this, but I have: 1) Been to more comic book conventions than I can count.
                Ooh, that's bad. Tongue
                2) Attended the first (and possibly last) X-Files convention.
                I sort of missed out on the X-Files thing. I mean, I watched it sometimes and always liked it. But it really got going right after I got out of college. Being in my early-to-mid-20's and suddenly with disposable income, I was too busy boozing and drinking to do much TV watching.
                3) Stood in line for the better part of a day to watch the 3:00 a.m. showing of Star Wars Episode I at the Mann's Chinese Theater on opening night. Approximately 30% of the audience was dressed as Darth Maul.
                That is so cool. I went to a midnight showing of Ep I on opening night. I wasn't costumed, but I did bring Darth Maul and Qui Gon lightsabers. Oddly enough, when I went to see Ep III, I think I ran into the guy I would have become had I run with the DnD crowd. I went to a 10am weekday showing. The guy right in front of me had on gray socks with Birkenstocks, bed-head, and tinted glasses (not sunglasses -- tinted glasses are a no-no). When he got to the ticket window, he breathlessly said, "I'd like one adult matinée ticket for the 10am showing of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, please." When I got to the window, I plunked down my Hamilton, chuckled, and said, "One for Star Wars." See how much cooler I turned out! Cool

Oddly enough, when I went to see Ep III, I think I ran into the guy I would have become had I run with the DnD crowd. I went to a 10am weekday showing. The guy right in front of me had on gray socks with Birkenstocks, bed-head, and tinted glasses (not sunglasses -- tinted glasses are a no-no). When he got to the ticket window, he breathlessly said, "I'd like one adult matinée ticket for the 10am showing of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, please." When I got to the window, I plunked down my Hamilton, chuckled, and said, "One for Star Wars." See how much cooler I turned out! Cool
                  Big grin MTA: But for the grace of God, there go all of us dorks.

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

I realize I risk banishment for this, but I have: 1) Been to more comic book conventions than I can count. 2) Attended the first (and possibly last) X-Files convention. 3) Stood in line for the better part of a day to watch the 3:00 a.m. showing of Star Wars Episode I at the Mann's Chinese Theater on opening night. Approximately 30% of the audience was dressed as Darth Maul.
                    [sigh]
                    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Prophet!

There is something beautiful about beautiful people doing dorky things.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

2) Attended the first (and possibly last) X-Files convention.
                        Was David D. there...oh, I would have swooned! I cannot wait for movie #2! I also would gladly attend a Firefly/Serenity con... Mmm...Capt. Mal! Blush

~ Sarah Kay

Was David D. there...oh, I would have swooned! I cannot wait for movie #2! I also would gladly attend a Firefly/Serenity con... Mmm...Capt. Mal! Blush
                          It was the Worst. Convention. Ever. They had some props from the show but no actors. It was mostly just people selling crap. I luuurve Capt. Tight Pants. Big grin

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I luuurve Capt. Tight Pants. Big grin
                            No pants is good, too... Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Better, in fact!

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Better, in fact!
                                Man, he has such a nice butt. *sigh* Smile

~ Sarah Kay