The beautiful persons club

You can take the girl out of the 'hood (Read 452 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

we need your birth certificate...helllooo i'm here, how much more certification of birth do you need...
    *snort* Nicely done. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Non ducor, duco.

No pants is good, too... Wink
      Thas what im talkn bout! Geez, I need to come in here more often. First there was Marcus in his skivvies now this! Wink
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

That photo is just so RIGHT!! I'm glad DH has such a nice butt.
          Teresa, How's the injury? Are you able to start running again soon?
          Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for asking, Ginny! I went to PT today for the first time. He said my ankle is still swollen at the back, and tender to the touch. He used ultrasound on it first, then an anti-inflammatory patch with an electrical current. He told me to keep taking ibuprofen (I had a blood test for kidney function which came back OK, so it's not hurting me) and icing my ankle. He also gave me stretches to do - he said my calves and hamstrings are very tight. I'm supposed to keep coming to PT for 2-4 weeks. He said I can try to run a mile, but if it hurts at all I have to stop, and he said he would be surprised if it didn't hurt. So not great news, but I'm glad I'm going! He said it was good I caught it as quickly as I did, so it doesn't turn into chronic achilles tendonitis. I did try pool running this morning, and it was fun. I guess I will have to start hitting some cardio stuff hard so I don't lose all my fitness! Oh, well, I will recover before too long!
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Any updates, Amy?
                Any updates, Amy?
                Thanks for asking, Teresa! Knock on wood, everything seems to be working out. We're still on track to close on Friday. Part of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop and this thing to fall through, but other part is getting excited about furniture shopping.

Amy

Prophet!

about furniture shopping.
                  what style are you going for ?
                    what style are you going for ?
                    Something like this would be appropriate, don't you think? I actually haven't made up my mind on a particular style yet. I need to get a good feel for the vibe of the place before I start. Is cheap a style? Big grin One of my friends informed me last week that there on instructions on the internet on how to make couches and dining tables out of FedEx boxes. I wonder how mad my shipping and receiving department would be if I, um, liberated some supplies?

Amy

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I probably already mentioned this, but after we moved into our house that we built, we had NO money left. Our beautiful living room with the vaulted ceiling had our piano in it, and nothing else. When a new neighbor came over for a walk-through, she asked, "Is all your furniture in storage?" Uh, no, what you see is what we've got! I think it was 4 years before we got a sofa for the room. We put up a little Nerf basketball hoop in there for the kids. I like the FedEx idea!
                        put up a little Nerf basketball hoop in there for the kids.
                        I think I may need one of those. Big grin

Amy

Well, Beautiful Persons, today is the day I get my keys! I'm so excited, I can hardlly wait for this afternoon! Thanks, everyone, for letting me vent here and for being so supportive. You are all wonderful!

Amy

Oh Mighty Wing

YEAH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! Big grin
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, Beautiful Persons, today is the day I get my keys! I'm so excited, I can hardlly wait for this afternoon! Thanks, everyone, for letting me vent here and for being so supportive. You are all wonderful!
                              Oh, wow...you are a homeowner! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks, guys! Big grin

Amy