The beautiful persons club

Congrats ShanHas! (Read 250 times)

Shannon deserves her own thread too now that she is an official half-marathoner. http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/b9ca8fa0c8694f4ea95f2322612204f3 She says that the Flying Monkey is next on her list. Good luck!!!

Amy

Oh Mighty Wing

Blush shucks Blush
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Shannon deserves her own thread too now that she is an official half-marathoner. http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/b9ca8fa0c8694f4ea95f2322612204f3 She says that the Flying Monkey is next on her list. Good luck!!!
        Nice job, ShanHas!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You rocked it, girl! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, and your avatar JUST changed--I LOVE it! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Nice work!

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

A Saucy Wench

hmmm I see the same avatar as usual...but congrats again!!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Bugs

We want pictures!

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Here are pictures of me coming into the shoot and holding up a pole. The first two are from someone with the event and I had no idea they were there otherwise I would have looked!
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awww...I LOVE that photo of you at the end with the water. You look so satisfied and strong. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks!!!! I was (and still am) SOOO proud!!! Thank you for all your support!
                          Oh wow, look at you!!! I agree with Zoomy - that last one is especially fabulous.

Amy

Another Passion

Way to go, Shannon! Congratulations (belatedly) on your first half! I love the second to the last pic, btw. You look determined and tough there. Oh, btw, how is it that teachers suddenly have gotten hot in the last 10 - 20 years?!? My chemistry teacher was a walking beach ball, with the personality to match. Brings back nightmares. Shocked

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My kids between them have had least 3 female teachers who run marathons! Really cool. Usually I've found out from other people, and I tell the teachers they should let their students KNOW about it, because that kind of thing makes a difference to kids.

Oh Mighty Wing

Ok so my chemistry teacher deal and why I am not typical - I wear a skirt to work everyday (just jeans friday) typically with highheels. I want to be a feminine chemistry teacher so my female students can see that you can be girly and pretty. Oddly enough a new teacher just joined us and she dresses in slacks and heels (is much more of a fru-fru girly girl that me). We are a growing breed!!! Many of my students know I run because they see me around campus and because I work it into problems and we do... How much energy did Mrs. H burn on her 5 mile run if she ran for so many minutes and is burning so many cal's per minute. And how many french fries could she eat? (Hint: from the data given about fries in the data table below calculate how many calories are in a fry) But it's funny because I didn't mention to them that I ran the half... of course it was 3 days before school was out and I was totally burned out from it all! (school not the race) I'm sure my students will know I am marathon training at the start of the school year because I will toss it into my about me poster (I have all my students do it!)