The beautiful persons club

I'm not beautiful. (Read 470 times)

Bugs

Marcus, This should be your next avatar: < my="" image="" got="" lost="" --="" /> Did you have to study for longer than 2 weeks to pass the bar?

Bugs

Bugs

Marcus, Looks cool. Big grin

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

Done. Once again, I did the Bar study thing my own way. Almost everyone pays Barbri $3,000 for a bar study course that lasts for 6 weeks I think. Typically they have lecture, either live or video all morning. Then everyone spends all afternoon studying on their own. I didn't have $3K. I also didn't have all day to spend on studying. I was working at the time. I didn't take a $10k bar loan like most people I know did. So, I got the Barbri books from a friend that sat for the exam before mine and just studied on my own. I worked out in the morning ,then went to work at 9 until 2. After that I went home and typically studied from 3-7. On the weekends I did about 4-5 hours per day. I started studying for the bar the second week of January (around the 12th I think) and the exam was on February 26. It wasn't that bad. The exam was not tricky, it was just about how much volume you could retain and how you could apply it. My second semester organic chemistry exams in college were much harder than the Bar exam.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

My mom was a typist. She typed for a lot of law students - Moot Court Competitions and that kind of thing. She also typed all the outlines for a Texas bar exam review course. Starting in third grade, I proofread for her! I really enjoyed it, and thought about going to law school. Then I discovered math and went in that direction. I remember being impressed by the volume of information people needed to learn for the bar exam!
            I finally got around to buying Amy Winehouse's CD and am somehow strangely attracted to her.
            I had a chance to go see her in LA when she was out here promoting the Back to Black album, and for whatever reason, did not go. I still have no idea what I was thinking. I know people make fun of her a lot, but man can she sing.

Amy

Prophet!

Then I discovered math and went in that direction.
              I discovered math and went the other way Big grin I did enjoy doing math and took some more advanced math classes where numbers disappeared, replaced by weird symbols and non-symbols and it scared me.
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

I discovered math and went the other way Big grin I did enjoy doing math and took some more advanced math classes where numbers disappeared, replaced by weird symbols and non-symbols and it scared me.
                LOL. I just went up to differential equations. DH started out as a math major, and felt the same way you did! I don't have to use that high-falootin' stuff in what I do, thank goodness.

The Greatest of All Time

I know people make fun of her a lot, but man can she sing.
                  I agree. Her music is so outside of the normal stuff I listen to, but her voice really put a hook in me.

Almost everyone pays Barbri $3,000 for a bar study course that lasts for 6 weeks I think. Typically they have lecture, either live or video all morning. Then everyone spends all afternoon studying on their own.
                    That's the route my wife will be going.

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Prophet!

I agree. Her music is so outside of the normal stuff I listen to, but her voice really put a hook in me.
                      i feel the same way about Christina Aguilera ... wait, did i just say that out loud ?

The Greatest of All Time

i feel the same way about Christina Aguilera ... wait, did i just say that out loud ?
                        I don't know about her music overall, but she's stunning to look at and she has a nice set of pipes on her. That girl can sing.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't know about her music overall, but she's stunning to look at and she has a nice set of pipes on her. That girl can sing.
                          Yes...but she's as orange as an oompa loompa.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

Yes...but she's as orange as an oompa loompa.
                            i wouldn't mind getting all oranged up with her. I just couldn't believe she married this guy...
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, non-beautiful people need love, too. Maybe he has a big wang...?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

Well, non-beautiful people need love, too. Maybe he has a big wang...?
                                Check out his ears. I'm guessing he has more depth than length. Big grin

Bugs