The beautiful persons club

Knee update (Read 367 times)

A Saucy Wench

lol, well congrats. Shocked If you have a relapse, consider it. I had difficulties for about 2 weeks after my surgery and didnt want to repeatedly take laxative because it seemed to rebound on me.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A little late for that. Phew. Been a long day. Tongue
      Did you at least weigh yourself after? That's always fun. Big grin Senekot is also good stuff. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

mr. marcus you better take it easy!!! i know it's hard but we want a successful recovery!!

The Greatest of All Time

I will hit the scales here in a little bit. I still haven't decided what to do in the gym this morning. I have lifted pretty hard the last two days and I am sore..so...maybe that sit down cycle thing that has always looked too gay. Cool On a side note, for us old folks here on the board...isn't it weird when a song pops in your head you have not heard in like a decade and then you just have to hear it???? Last night when I was in bed chatting with DW before cutting off the lights two Journey songs popped in my head Feeling That Way and Anytime from the Infinity album. If you have ever been plugged into a classic rock radio station they always play those songs back to back like Zeppelin's Heartbreaker and Livin' Loving Maid. Anyway I hobbled downstairs and threw the whole album on my gym iPod putting off listening to them until first thing this morning. As so I sit here, drinking my coffee, slacked eyed, sore kneed, but damn this shit sounds soooo good and I have no idea why. I always liked Journey growing up, but damn.
          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Non ducor, duco.

Old people? Yep that is me. I've been having this weird life (music) review in my head this summer. All I can think about is old songs. I think it is because I head out to my 20th reunion next weekend. I do the same thing, Marcus, tune in to the music and drop-out to whatever I was doing
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I will hit the scales here in a little bit. I still haven't decided what to do in the gym this morning. I have lifted pretty hard the last two days and I am sore..so...maybe that sit down cycle thing that has always looked too gay. Cool On a side note, for us old folks here on the board...isn't it weird when a song pops in your head you have not heard in like a decade and then you just have to hear it????
              iTunes has been a godsend for me. I LOVE when I get a hankerin' for something from the 70s or 80s and I find it there...like a happy flashback to childhood! Smile Do the recumbent bike. I know they seem silly, but they are great for minimizing stress to knees and back. I know quite a few older folks who can't run or bike on a traditional frame anymore due to back and knee problems, but the recumbents allow them to be active. A couple of weeks ago we saw a really wild thing...an older couple on a recumbent tandem!

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

I like when the old songs pop in my head, but I swear if I see one more ad for Mamma Mia! I may go bonkers. I think that song has been stuck in my head for a solid month...just puttering along in the background.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The Greatest of All Time

Do the recumbent bike.
                  That's exactly what I did. 20 minutes, really low resistance, RPM's around 100. Put a very light coat of sweat on me and the knee loosened up nicely. I forgot to tell you all my Jiffy Lube story. If it wasn't for bad luck.... Saturday after they finished changing my oil they drove my car into their garage while pulling it out. I have been running around this morning getting estimates and it's about $2k worth of damage because they have to replace the bumper, left front fender, and headlight. I am still waiting to talk to their legal department to get this all sorted out, but I had the police come out and file an accident report even though it was on private property. I wanted a witness that they admitted full liability, etc. Wreck an attorney's car while you're driving it...real smart. Big grin My wife was shocked I didn't flip out, but hey it's just a car. I got a swollen knee with stitches in it, a wrecked car, and I had a bottle of magnesium citrate completely clean out my plumbing yesterday. What's next? MTA: And I am actually laughing about all of this! For real.

Think Whirled Peas

That's exactly what I did. 20 minutes, really low resistance, RPM's around 100. Put a very light coat of sweat on me and the knee loosened up nicely. I forgot to tell you all my Jiffy Lube story. If it wasn't for bad luck.... Saturday after they finished changing my oil they drove my car into their garage while pulling it out. I have been running around this morning getting estimates and it's about $2k worth of damage because they have to replace the bumper, left front fender, and headlight. I am still waiting to talk to their legal department to get this all sorted out, but I had the police come out and file an accident report even though it was on private property. I wanted a witness that they admitted full liability, etc. Wreck an attorney's car while you're driving it...real smart. Big grin My wife was shocked I didn't flip out, but hey it's just a car. I got a swollen knee with stitches in it, a wrecked car, and I had a bottle of magnesium citrate completely clean out my plumbing yesterday. What's next? MTA: And I am actually laughing about all of this! For real.
                    Damn. When it rain, it poops poors!!! Hang in there Marcus!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Last night when I was in bed chatting with DW before cutting off the lights two Journey songs popped in my head Feeling That Way and Anytime from the Infinity album. If you have ever been plugged into a classic rock radio station they always play those songs back to back like Zeppelin's Heartbreaker and Livin' Loving Maid.
                      Glad they fixed you up right. It's great news that they found something to fix. Way to listen to your body, dude. Best of luck on a speedy recovery. Some other great classic rock two-fer's: Beatles: Sgt. Pepper / With a little help from my friends Beatles: Golden slumbers / carry that weight / the end (okay, that's a three-fer) Pink Floyd: Brain Damage / Eclipse Floyd: Happiest days of our lives / Another brick in the wall pt 2 Fifth Dimension: Age of Aquarius / Let the sun shine in Bob Seger: Travellin' Man / Beautiful Loser Boston: Foreplay / Long time Van Halen: Eruption / You Really got me Queen: We will rock you / We are the champions INXS: Need you tonight / Mediate Elton John: Funeral for a Friend / Love Lies Bleeding

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

Globule....dude. I think we were seperated at birth. Those two-fer's you named are classics. I think my top 3 from that list has to be: Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding (Awesome, awesome stuff) Foreplay/Longtime (Wow Shocked ) We will rock you/We are the Champions (Just a classic) Note: I do not believe in only playing partial Floyd albums. You start at track one and play until finished. But, I am a Floyd snob.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We will rock you/We are the Champions (Just a classic)
                          Don't forget Fat Bottom Girls/Bicycle Race... Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Note: I do not believe in only playing partial Floyd albums. You start at track one and play until finished. But, I am a Floyd snob.
                            Good point. Some of the above couplings are so tightly joined that I couldn't stomach the idea of them ever shuffling up on my iPod and playing only one. I know for sure that when I ripped DSOTM, I had it do Brain Damage / Eclipse as one track. Same with the Seger and the Elton John. My first foray into Zeppelin on CD was the mighty 1990 Box set. I enjoyed the sequencing on this set -- a departure from the albums, but for the most part, it worked. Except when "Heartbreaker" went into "Communication Breakdown". That gave me a breakdown.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Don't forget Fat Bottom Girls/Bicycle Race... Big grin
                              Good call. I thought about that one, but the thing is, I don't really like Bicycle Race. So I can do without that one. I definitely like Fat Bottomed Girls, though.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good call. I thought about that one, but the thing is, I don't really like Bicycle Race. So I can do without that one.
                                When Dane was a bit younger I had Queen's Greatest Hits in the car and he always begged to hear that song. He would sing it, too...which was cute. Though not as cute as when he sings Johnny Cash. Big grin
                                I definitely like Fat Bottomed Girls, though.
                                Heh... Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay