The beautiful persons club

Knee update (Read 367 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

hey I actually know lots of those songs... I'm impressed with me!!! Big grin
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

hey I actually know lots of those songs... I'm impressed with me!!! Big grin
      How old are you? That will help me gauge whether we should be impressed with you. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Oh Mighty Wing

How old are you? That will help me gauge whether we should be impressed with you. Tongue
        25. I was born in good ole 1983. Blush
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

25. I was born in good ole 1983. Blush
          Ah, you're just a youngster. All of those tracks except for INXS were before you were born. So you are to be commended for your knowledge. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Oh Mighty Wing

Ah, you're just a youngster. All of those tracks except for INXS were before you were born. So you are to be commended for your knowledge. Big grin
            Big grin not only do I know many of the songs, but I am a fan of all of those artists/groups... my parents taught me well...
              my parents taught me well...
              Whippersnapper. Tongue

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Whippersnapper. Tongue
                You're younger than my baby sister. You're a whippersnapper, too. Tongue

Teresadfp

One day at a time

You're younger than my baby sister. You're a whippersnapper, too. Tongue
                  Sigh, so are YOU! Angry I remember the Vietnam War and the moon landing! Shocked

The Greatest of All Time

Sigh, so are YOU! Angry I remember the Vietnam War and the moon landing! Shocked
                    Dude. I have read about both of those. Wink Well actually Vietnam wasn't over when I was born and the moon landing was less than 24 months prior, so I am old too. At least I am not too old that I remember where I was when JFK was shot. For my generation it was "where were you when the space shuttle blew up?" I myself was in study hall freshman year of high school. But I think 911 eclipsed the space shuttle and I will never forget that day as along as I live.
                    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

At least I am not too old that I remember where I was when JFK was shot. For my generation it was "where were you when the space shuttle blew up?" I myself was in study hall freshman year of high school. But I think 911 eclipsed the space shuttle and I will never forget that day as along as I live.
                      I remember both with way too much clarity. Sad

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

I remember both with way too much clarity. Sad
                        Same, same. It's amazing how much you commit to memory about the smallest details when something tragic has happened, even to others. But then you can forget something your spouse told you an hour ago on a normal day. I have been told my long term memory is like a steel trap, short term memory...not so much. Getting old is a bitch.
                        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm the queen of remembering trivial stuff. I can remember the most random details about inconsequential stuff, but the important stuff...the stuff I paid tens of thousands of bucks to learn in college...gone.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

I get 9-11 and Columbine. Everything else I just learned about in Social Studies. Columbine - My senior year in high school. 9-11 - I was a freshman in college and I was getting ready for class. As I getting dressed I was watching the news and it was like a dream. I remember walking down the hallway later and every door was open and on every TV there it was. It was like watching it in slow motion.
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Pres. Reagan shot: Mrs. Bishop's class Space Shuttle: Freshman gym class 9/11: Was about to get on my treadmill, turned the tube on to be greeted by burning towers. And don't get me started with trivial stuff. Am I gonna have to break out my Sears Tower facts and figures again?

Teresadfp

One day at a time

For reference, I was born in the dark ages, 1962. Moon Landing: I was 7. I was wearing PJs while we watched it on TV. I remember going outside to look at the moon - it was hard to believe there were men up there! Decided I would become an aerospace engineer (changed my mind later!). Vietnam War: The main thing I remember was hearing Walter Cronkite give the number of US casualties on the evening news every night. Presidential election between McGovern and Nixon: In 5th grade, our class split up. I was in charge of the campaign for McGovern. Oh, well. I could say, "I told you so" a few years later. President Johnson's death: I remember hearing about it on TV when I was 11. I was surprised, because I hadn't realized he was sick. Watergate: Too boring for me to care about at that age! John Lennon shot: December of my freshman year in college. For some reason, I was cutting something out of construction paper in my dorm room when we heard the news. I remember thinking, "Well, he WAS pretty old!" (40 or so?) Blush Iranian hostages released (January 1981): My boyfriend and I were going into the main tower building at the University of Texas so I could pay for the semester when we heard the news. Very exciting! Challenger Explosion: I was in graduate school, finishing my research and about to get married. I remember hearing about it and running to my dad's office to see it on TV. I was devastated. I had met one of the shuttle commanders, Robert Crippen, the year before (he wasn't onboard, thank goodness). AOL: We got it right after our second son was born, in 1995. Such a lifeline for a mom with two tiny boys! I couldn't believe how easy it was to communicate with friends and other mothers who understood how I felt. 9/11: I was on the way to a meeting when I heard that a plane had hit the World Trade Tower. At that point, it sounded like a small plane. It wasn't until I got into the car after the meeting, two hours later, that I understood what had happened. I was crying so much it was hard to drive, and I could barely get the words out to tell DH when I got home - he'd been working and didn't know about it. I realized that I was almost EXACTLY the same age, to the month, as my grandmother when Pearl Harbor was attacked, and wondered how our experiences were similar. OK, the ramblings of an old person are over! Smile