The beautiful persons club

Marcus, Look at You! (Read 438 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good post, Marcus! It's my son who has taught me what you wrote about. It must be inborn knowlege in some people, since he's so young. It took me a few races with him to realize that I need to leave him ALONE for awhile before the start, because he's so focused on preparing mentally for it. Now I explain that to other people who go with us! Sometimes I think the military would be a good place for him - he would certainly excel. There was an article about the entrance physical requirements for Special Ops, and he can meet most of the standards already! Thanks for all of your posts - you give great advice and stay positive all the time, something I need to improve on. Smile Teresa

The Greatest of All Time

Sometimes I think the military would be a good place for him - he would certainly excel. There was an article about the entrance physical requirements for Special Ops, and he can meet most of the standards already! Thanks for all of your posts - you give great advice and stay positive all the time, something I need to improve on. Smile Teresa
      Teresa, FWIW, I did a lot of spec ops stuff in the Army. The physical training is tough and the mental training is even thougher, but I am glad I did it. It's hard to do that stuff and ever be short on self-condfidence later in life. And, thanks for noticing that I try to remain positive. I really try. About 10 years ago I got really into Buddhist philosophy during my existentialist period. It changed me forever for the better. I don't chant mantras or anything but it certainly modified how I view the world and my place in it.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Bugs

Marcus, I didn't mean to imply you don't work very hard, that is very clear from your log. I consider myself a blue collar runner also, (which is the reason my pace plummets when I'm struggling). Anyway if I say your extraordinary you are. You are probably in the top 95% of runners. Trust me there are lots of guys running back with me that would like to be up there with you. If is funny you mention the positive thinking stuff. I have read Running From Within and am working on my zen running. You tapped on another area I need to work on. You and Nobby seem to either be very perceptive or have invisible cameras on me. Oh I'm scared to shower now. Smile

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You and Nobby seem to either be very perceptive or have invisible cameras on me. Oh I'm scared to shower now. Smile
          Especially since we KNOW Marcus is a perv. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

Especially since we KNOW Marcus is a perv. Evil grin
            www.watchbugs34.com

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus, I didn't mean to imply you don't work very hard, that is very clear from your log. I consider myself a blue collar runner also, (which is the reason my pace plummets when I'm struggling). Anyway if I say your extraordinary you are. You are probably in the top 95% of runners. Trust me there are lots of guys running back with me that would like to be up there with you. If is funny you mention the positive thinking stuff. I have read Running From Within and am working on my zen running. You tapped on another area I need to work on. You and Nobby seem to either be very perceptive or have invisible cameras on me. Oh I'm scared to shower now. Smile
              Ok, ok. I am extraordinary in your eyes. That makes one person at least. So, thank you!!! Come to Chicago so I can start my new cult. It has no name. It has no purpose, other than to be totally groovy. We will not commit mass suicide. But we will run like gazelles and feast like vikings. We will sleep in parks, bathe in fountains, piss in alleys, and crap in bushes. We will blaze a traill of scorched Earth wherever we go. Wait, that sounds really similar to my Army days. Wtf?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Come to Chicago so I can start my new cult. It has no name. It has no purpose, other than to be totally groovy. We will not commit mass suicide. But we will run like gazelles and feast like vikings. We will sleep in parks, bathe in fountains, piss in alleys, and crap in bushes. We will blaze a traill of scorched Earth wherever we go.
                I'm in! Can we TP my brother's place in Huntley, too? Evil grin Do I get a cult name?

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

Oh my, I'm going to be on Dateline, what the hell I'm in.

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

I'm in! Can we TP my brother's place in Huntley, too? Evil grin Do I get a cult name?
                    Your brother lives in Huntley? I am about 20 minutes down I-90 from Huntley. Of course he gets TP'd on GP. And for your cult name....I like Betty Bitchin'

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Your brother lives in Huntley? I am about 20 minutes down I-90 from Huntley. Of course he gets TP'd on GP. And for your cult name....I like Betty Bitchin'
                      Ooh, awesome! What a small world...we were at my brother's place for Christmas. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

Ooh, awesome! What a small world...we were at my brother's place for Christmas. Smile
                        And I was in Japan for Christmas Evil grin DW loves to drive out to Huntley to shop at the outlet mall. She's a BCBG junky. I have gotten real good deals on running gear at the Reebok outlet out there too. I buy my suits out there as well. Also bought our home theatre system at the Bose outlet store. Damn, come to think of it, I have bought a LOT of crap out there. DW is a bad influence on my wallet, but the girl can sniff out a good deal from two counties away.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

DW is a bad influence on my wallet, but the girl can sniff out a good deal from two counties away.
                          I like her already! Smile I LIVE for TJ Maxx and online discount shopping. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Come to Chicago so I can start my new cult. It has no name. It has no purpose, other than to be totally groovy. We will not commit mass suicide. But we will run like gazelles and feast like vikings. We will sleep in parks, bathe in fountains, piss in alleys, and crap in bushes. We will blaze a traill of scorched Earth wherever we go.
                            Groovy cults are the best kind. Smile I'll start working on my cult name as well.

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

Groovy cults are the best kind. Smile I'll start working on my cult name as well.
                              From a quick review of your Disneyland pic from last year, I have determined you can be in the cult. You can be my groovy DCW.

She's a BCBG junky.
                                This is a girl after my own heart. I'm wearing BCBG top and shoes right now. LOVE their stuff. Can I join the cult just to go shopping with your wife?