The beautiful persons club

Where are all you BPs and what have you been doing? (Read 394 times)

A Saucy Wench

Ennay, that bread sounds good. We're just 6.5 weeks away from marathon. How's the training? I'm starting to panic about what to wear, I had decided, but decided it made me look fat. Oh I swore I'd never do it, but I might go try on one of those running skirts.)
    The bread is awesome, funny I made more tonight. It's our everyday bread. Whole wheat with steel cut oats, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and honey and then rolled oats on top cause they look pretty. yummy I have decided this will be my first marathon without the camelbak. I have not yet decided how I am going to carry my gu. That is my big thing. I need to figure it out soon. I look dreadful in running skirts.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Scott, where in Germany are you? BTW, the Far Side in your profile is my all-time favorite. Awesome!
      I've been traveling to Kaiserslautern, affectionately nicknamed K-Town, close to Rammstein Airbase, hour from Frankfurt, for work. Far Side has so many good ones but I had to pick one that reflected my personality and interests. Smile
        Jeff, & Scott, hello I am the designated dizzie blond in BPC.
        Hi Bugs, your log is looking nice. As a general rule, running skirts are hawt!

I have decided this will be my first marathon without the camelbak. I have not yet decided how I am going to carry my gu. That is my big thing. I need to figure it out soon.
          I use race ready shorts. I had some that I bought probably 4 years ago that I use, they have 2 small velcro key pockets on the front and 5 mesh pockets on the back of varying sizes that are great for gu, gloves, ski caps, trash, etc. My wife just recently bought me another race ready shorts, and got herself one too. The next best option that I've found is using saftey pins to pin them to the jersey at the top with the tear off tag, then tucking the bottom of the gel pack into your shorts to keep them from flapping. I've also seen people get creative by putting them in their headbands or hats, things like that, but since I have race shorts with pockets I just use those.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have decided this will be my first marathon without the camelbak. I have not yet decided how I am going to carry my gu. That is my big thing. I need to figure it out soon.
            Amphipod makes some nifty belt thingies that one can attach various little pouches to. If I don't wear my bottle belt I'd think about something like this. I'd need one big enough to hold a few gels and my inhaler.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - I can ignore you here too!!! Big grin
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Bugs, thanks for asking about my ankle. It was feeling MUCH better after my 10K race at the beginning of the month, and then I pushed too much by running two days in a row, twice, last week. So I'm sticking to every other day for now. The good news is that I ran 8.2 miles last night, and it felt wonderful! It's weird how my ankle improves after I go for a longer-than-usual run, but some of you said that's happened to you before, also. My only concern is that my "long" runs are too big a percentage of my weekly totals, but I don't know what to do about it. My HM is 4 weeks from Sunday. I will have to figure out how much of the race to walk, I guess. At least my knees and leg muscles are holding up just fine - no complaints at all from them.

Bugs

Marcus, I am glad to hear you are running again. That was sure a nasty running injury you got saddled with. I watched the lawyer get eaten on Jurassic Park the other day, thought of you and how you would have showed t-rex who is boss. Blaine, These miles have left me a little drained so I’ve only been lurking. I’ve not had one creative thought to post. Maybe I should not try that trail until after marathon? You mail me your shorts (never said that to a guy before) and I will sew a nice pocket inside. I altered mine using an old technical fabric shirt, a blue 4-H ribbon no doubt. Holds my toilet paper just fine. Goal race in 3days - that's exciting! What race are you running? Scott, Thanks the log has been some work, and no training plan which is like driving to a new city with no map. I’m not use to running this much weekly mileage. It has made the long runs easier though. However I was a silly girl when I ran 22 miles two weeks ago. The recovery sucked. Dizzie blond on an endorphin high is disaster waiting to happen. Have to check out your far-side. Zoom, You should try to sew in a pocket. You’ll love it. I was not sure where to put the pockets in back or front though. Four gels fit but weighed it down. Teresa, Do you have a diagnosis? I have had so much luck with graston treatment, but I found a doc with just the right touch. My achilles was acting up and he cleared it right up. Missed 0 days of training. He also treated me for shin splints, which are basically gone but once in while like to remind me who’s boss. I will definitely report back after my marathon outfit shopping. We’ll see about the skirt, it may be just too cutsie.

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom, You should try to sew in a pocket. You’ll love it. I was not sure where to put the pockets in back or front though. Four gels fit but weighed it down.
                    The weight thing is the issue. If it's warm enough I'll be wearing a skirt for my marathon and there are stretchy pockets on each side that could each hold 2 gels, but then it wants to slide off...which pervs behind me might like, but sounds like a recipe for weird chafing. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - go for the skirt!!! You will look HOT in it!!!

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus, I watched the lawyer get eaten on Jurassic Park the other day, thought of you
                        *snort*
                        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Bugs

The weight thing is the issue. If it's warm enough I'll be wearing a skirt for my marathon and there are stretchy pockets on each side that could each hold 2 gels, but then it wants to slide off...which pervs behind me might like, but sounds like a recipe for weird chafing. Tongue
                          Hym, OK, no marathon skirt for me, but I still want to try a skirt. I was painting today in a short old skirt and raced to the paint store hoping to get there before store closed. A short skirt seems to help get them to mix your paint despite the closing time. Big grin - DH said, "You're going in that?" , "Yes - I'm in a hurry." However I did put a bra on at least. Yes

Bugs

Bugs

*snort*
                            We all know you're one of the good guys.

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hym, OK, no marathon skirt for me, but I still want to try a skirt.
                              It might not slide down on you...YMMV sort of thing. I'm kind of between sizes and my hips are narrow relative to my thighs, so I tend to like my skirts a hair big, otherwise the skirt wants to ride up to my hips from the bottom (I have this issue with compression tops wanting to creep up to my natural waist baring my lower abs of flabs). When the panty and waist/hips of the skirt is snugger they don't ride down as easily.

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

It might not slide down on you...YMMV sort of thing. I'm kind of between sizes and my hips are narrow relative to my thighs, so I tend to like my skirts a hair big, otherwise the skirt wants to ride up to my hips from the bottom (I have this issue with compression tops wanting to creep up to my natural waist baring my lower abs of flabs). When the panty and waist/hips of the skirt is snugger they don't ride down as easily.
                                Isn't there a string to tighten? I had the same problem with my top today, it wanted to ride up, erg. I find myself wearing more shirts these days instead of tanks, they seem more comfortable, but as all non-form fitting clothes are, not as sexy. Marcus, Don't feel bad the fat computer programmer (that would be me) gets eaten later in the movie.

Bugs