Ultra Runners

Pb Stupidity (Read 1042 times)

Kalsarikännit

Wait...what happened to the beer mile? The original plan went by official rules.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

it is a track race

Find a track and you are set.

Wait...what happened to the beer mile? The original plan went by official rules.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

The King of Beasts

it is a track race

Find a track and you are set.

1/8 mile out and back works well.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

DoppleBock

A variant of this game named "Kastenlauf" (short for "Bierkastenlauf", literally "beer crate running"; other names: Kistenlauf, Bierlauf, Bier-Rallye, Bierathlon etc.) is popular in the German-speaking countries Austria, Germany and Switzerland. It is a race among teams that consist of two people carrying a crate of beer, all of which must be consumed prior to crossing the finish line

The beer mile is often combined with other running/drinking events such as the:

<dl><dd><dl><dd>4 x 40 oz. relay -- where a team of 4 competitors run 100m each around the track, finishing a 40 oz. bottle of beer or malt liquor on the way</dd><dd>Wild Turkey 2-mile -- each competitor runs 8 laps, with a shot of whiskey (usually Wild Turkey) before every lap.</dd><dd>naked 4 x 400m -- each member of a 4 competitor team runs a lap around the track nude - drinking is technically optional, but encouraged</dd></dl></dd></dl>

xor

If you do go with a track, Careful with That Axe, Eugene.

You might get a visit from the authoriTAY if you whip out beers at, say, the high school football field.

Or not.  It's summer in leadville.

Pb stupidity is not having enough jelly.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I am tempted. I have my father and his partner driving me back to Denver Intl on Monday.... it might make the drive back go more quickly for me. However, I plan to be very hungover on Monday after the race. I do not think I would be able to face any beer. Are you boobs not planning to drink heavily on Sunday evening?

You'll ruin your knees!

By Monday I will likely need a piggy back ride I will be so stiff.

Just saying.

I've heard that you are supposed to call a doctor if it lasts more than 4 hours... Roll eyesSad

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

DoppleBock

Yes - Finish race - Nap - Drink - hopefully more like an ultra (Slow and steady) instead of a 5k - Fast and Furious.   

If it is out of their way - We are driving to the airport on Monday - When does your flight leave? 

I am tempted. I have my father and his partner driving me back to Denver Intl on Monday.... it might make the drive back go more quickly for me. However, I plan to be very hungover on Monday after the race. I do not think I would be able to face any beer. Are you boobs not planning to drink heavily on Sunday evening?

DoppleBock

Doc said not to run for a week - But I have done nothing since the break ... but drink.  I think I will test it at lunch

The King of Beasts

I plan on drinking on Sunday night, so long as I am not pissing what looks like sweet tea all day.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Kalsarikännit

Listen, sissies...you all are two mile high beer mileing on Mon. For all I care, you can powerwalk your 400 at 20 min/mile pace.

This will be the greatest race in the history of running. They will bulldoze Hayward Field when this is over. Running will never be the same. (Either that or it will just be some pathetic shit show).

The King of Beasts

Listen, sissies...you all are two mile high beer mileing on Mon. For all I care, you can powerwalk your 400 at 20 min/mile pace.

This will be the greatest race in the history of running. They will bulldoze Hayward Field when this is over. Running will never be the same. (Either that or it will just be some pathetic shit show).

My money is on a shit show. Big shit show.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

My guess is Lifetime will buy the rights.

• Black Canyon 100k
                            • RRR
                            • Zane Grey 100k
                            • High Lonesome 100
                            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                            • The Bear 100
                            • Javelina Jundred (?)

Kalsarikännit

This one kinda looks like it would have been fun.  It took place in my college town of Ft. Collins.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I plan on drinking on Sunday night, so long as I am not pissing what looks like sweet tea all day.

If I am back in time.... I will be joining you. Can you drink vodka?