Ultra Runners

Muir Beach Trail Run (Read 502 times)

Now I know what hills are.

Big grin

Pics to come...

Heh. That's how I felt after my first 50k too. Did you love them? Smile What was the elevation gain?

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

The Year of the Monkey

Yeah.  I am humbled, but in retrospect it was great.  About 8000 feet total gain/loss.  Most of the climbs were 700-1000 feet, with grades of 20% (i.e., you could not run them, you could not walk them).  At mile 22 I could c limb no more, but did anyway.  And got it done.

You'll ruin your knees!

...a picture is worth 1,000 words!  Congrats on the finish...when you forget the pain, I can show you some longer climbs

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Fortune and glory kid

Sweet. Nice job Trent.

Great running and photography!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Late to the party here, sorry. Looks like an awesome run. Way to go! I really enjoyed the photos - thanks for taking time to post these Trent.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

The Year of the Monkey

Thanks all.

So 8 days after the 50k, I ran Monkey.  I knew at mile 1, the first hill, that I still had Muir in my legs, and just about nothing else.  My legs just never woke up.  Muir took a lot out of me.  But then today, 4 days later, I stomped out a good hilly 5 miler.  So all is not lost!  A fine two weeks of running, to be sure Big grin