Ultra Runners

High Desert 50k, Ridgecrest, CA (Read 210 times)

Cat in a Pot

Anybody run this before or heard anything about it? My aunt and uncle live in Ridgecrest. Free lodging!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

2014: May - MDW 70-Miles (w/Trail Factor 50k) - Cascade Crest, WA/Astoria, OR/Portland, OR

June 7 - Grasshopper Peak Redwoods Run 30k - Humboldt Redwoods State Park, CA

July 12 - Mt. Hood 50 - Mt. Hood, OR

Oct 11 - Firetrails 50 - Lake Chabot, CA

"The farther you go outside, the farther you go inside." (Unknown)
    Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

Fatozzig's Place

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

I only know what is on the website, but my DW and I are doing it. Actually, I am doing the 30k option and she is doing the 50k (she just ran her first Ultra yesterday, the Nobel Canyon 50k.) Similar reasons to you. My dad lives about 1 hour from it (Tehachapi) and his birthday is the day before. I was told by an ultra-friend it was a good first time ultra. We'll see how it goes. I'm temped to make it my first. It is a little early in my training though. If you do it, may be we'll see you there. Smile
      Find the fun.

Cat in a Pot

Unless something goes horribly awry Smile, I will be there. Let's keep in touch and say hi. You can contact me at fatozzig@yahoo.com. Put the name of the race, or something like that, in the subject line or I won't open it. Should be fun!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

2014: May - MDW 70-Miles (w/Trail Factor 50k) - Cascade Crest, WA/Astoria, OR/Portland, OR

June 7 - Grasshopper Peak Redwoods Run 30k - Humboldt Redwoods State Park, CA

July 12 - Mt. Hood 50 - Mt. Hood, OR

Oct 11 - Firetrails 50 - Lake Chabot, CA

"The farther you go outside, the farther you go inside." (Unknown)
        Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

Fatozzig's Place