Womens Running

Chocolate Milkshake THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat the back is Bueno!  So good that I'm looking at a 100k in central IL on Sept 5th.  The Temptation 200.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Since I've been stressed about the move I have not had time to freak out about Chicago.

Ran my intervals and made an oops and ran one extra one.  All good.

Damaris

Bikerchick1

Milkshake = tons of calories in my world, so haven’t had one in forever 

Cant believe page 2 already today!  Just got back from hair cut/color, so am not going to try to catch up.  I read thru and answered in my mind...

Took a couple days off to rest my “stupid” foot.  Ran yesterday and was still a little bothersome, but not bad.  So I guess I am healed, right????  Was away at a conference and went to a running store while I was there, tried on some Hoka’s...not for me.

Hi to all!

Carol

Still sooooooo tired feeling but not really sleeping well at night even with wine and melatonin. Legs still a bit achey but have foam rolled and done some walks. Looking at getting class passes for a gym with a variety of classes I can pick from: Piyo, bootcamp, barre, zumba, circuit and it's only a mile from my place. Would like to incorporate some fun strength type of stuff in this year.

Coincidentally I walked the mile back and forth to meet an editor from the daily paper at Shake Shack. LOL did NOT have a shake though.

Carol-sounds healed to me.

Damaris-BTDT for Chicago, no need to freak. was it one of the cat's dinner plates or a dinner plate with a pic of a cat on it or a dinner plate with an actual cat on it?

Diane-posted to your pacer thread. I think finding someone who has specific training would be most beneficial for you. But someone on the race page could also help!

Kat-Krafty Kat you will resinate soon I am sure. but don't actually eat the resin. that would be bad.

Margaret-LOL on cupping. maybe associated with spooning? Forking? yeah for ankle getting better!

Sandy-we had summer. now on to fall! Only get a Mr Math if he really is a good addition.

Cathy-good luck to dd on her first meet!

HCK2-I'm sure that cooler temps are coming. and cheeto chief is going.

Karen-planks with dogs or a cat are extra challenging.

Lizzie-fall is around the corner! the season, not a trip hazard.

Laura-wtf on the person hanging up on you?

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – Good luck on that 9!

Laura – Oh no! Not a great start to the day ☹ Hope it gets better.  Milkshakes do the same to me which is why I never have one 😊

Diane – I guess that is why they say..no pain no gain?? I have never had strawberry milkshake!

Karen – Yay for feeling great! AWESOME run this morning! Not sure how you pick up any sort of pace in those temperatures. Do you get migraines regularly? Wondering if that is what I have. It has lasted 3 days. I am hydrated and sleeping so not sure what is going on. I used to get them all the time but haven’t in YEARS. I always knew I was getting one because I would lose vision out of one of my eyes. Okay Coach Karen..I will follow directions and shoot for under 10. 😊Planks suck. You DO get better at them the more you do them, though!

Sandy – Man, everyone is getting these storms! I hope you get some sun in time for the weekend! You reminded me that I need a passport renewal. Also need drivers license renewal this year. This morning most of the women were talking about their classrooms and kids 😊 Plus, I don’t see a lot of those women during the Summer but suddenly they are back when school starts. Oh, for my weekend question – I figured some things may not go as planned and you may have to work over the weekend. Hoping that is a NO. Any fun plans?

Run4kupcakes – LMAO – Cheeto in chief!! LOL This weather BLOWS.

Cathy – Ah, a drizzly run is always awesome. Nice job! Aw, good luck to DD! She is going to do great! Tell DD that she needs to celebrate her amazing accomplishment with a 8 piece nugget, waffle fries and an Oreo milkshake from Chick fila! Man..now I want some!!! 22 mile build up run? No thanks!!! Mr. Math will crush his marathon.

Margaret – You should have a milkshake every day this week as recovery from the race 😊 Glad you are feeling better!! You are amazing.

Kathryn – Ohhhhh. Totally forgot about the Blizzards!! OMG. SO. GOOD. Which one is your favorite? I love the REESES! I know you don’t because you don’t like peanut butter 😊 Salted caramel ice cream sandwiches?! WWHHHATTTT!!!! Never had the lemonade but now will try. I hate when the smoke alarm beeps and you can’t find which one. Woohoo on the camera accessories!

Hi Carol! I am glad your stupid foot is feeling a little better 😊. I hope it continues to improve! I tried Hokas once…they weren’t for me either.

Lisa – Aw, I hope you start feeling better soon! I would think what you are feeling is to be expected? Weird about the tiredness and not being able to sleep! I hope the doctors apt helps.

Have a good afternoon everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

Sandy's my favorite.

LISTEN TO KAREN!! 

Sandy, I think no sunshine is the toughest weather out there, more so than really hot or really cold. So I hope you see the sun soon. You were busy yesterday! Oh hey, I got my ON shorts - I like them a lot. I might have been able to go down one size than what I ordered because they're a little big in the waist, but they look okay as is and they are really comfortable. Thanks to you and Liz for the rec. I would never ignore you, thanks for the tips. Much better than the old guy that is still not running because of his rotator cuff surgery (no bouncing) but showed up after the run. Doctor makes the comment about planking, and he says "actually, if you can hold a plank for more than a minute, you're not doing it correctly." Everyone just ignored him (as we do), but then he went on about tensing every muscle in your body, and was still talking (to no one) when I told everyone time was up and move on to the next exercise. But then I couldn't be too annoyed with him because he offered to start putting out the water jug and cups along the route for me, which will save me 15-20 minutes on a Saturday morning, which will be awesome.

Cathy, best of luck to DD on her cross country meet tonight! I'm excited for her. I bet she does amazing. Supermans.....haven't done those since P90X several years ago. But that reminds me, the core workout DVD was pretty good. I should find that and do it.

Margaret, sounds like you are starting to feel human again, which is awesome. Glad the ankle is feeling better.

Kathryn, I will have to look for those ice cream sandwiches next time at the grocery store - they sound amazing. I swear, the delivery people have a sixth sense - if I'm waiting for the UPS guy he doesn't show up until 4-5 pm, if I think I have time, he shows up at 10 am. Glad you were back in time.

Damaris, nice job on the intervals....including the bonus one.

Carol, I hope your stupid foot is indeed better. I'll take "not bad."

Lisa, you are starting to sound a little more back to normal. Glad that you're going to get checked out at the doc though.The classes sound fun, especially if it's so close to your place. Hey, congrats on the condo, by the way. Based on the ridiculous requirements of my bank, I'm going to guess Turkey the cat was not actually in the contract. Our (hopefully) condo comes with the furniture, but we couldn't say so in the contract because the bank wouldn't lend on it if the furniture was included. So we made the offer for $1,500 less and are doing a separate contract for $1,500 for furnishings. And now the bank needs to see the separate contract for some reason.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Liz, I used to get migraines every month, but since the menopause, I rarely get them. I think this one was a combo of not eating enough and probably dehydration. So probably less a migraine and more just a headache from being stupid. When I did get them, they would last for three days, but after the first day I could function, just not 100%.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Liz, I used to get migraines every month, but since the menopause, I rarely get them. I think this one was a combo of not eating enough and probably dehydration. So probably less a migraine and more just a headache from being stupid. When I did get them, they would last for three days, but after the first day I could function, just not 100%.

Mine are these and electrolytes.  And tension headaches, but mostly that.

Damaris