Womens Running

TUESDAY DIVAS (Read 21 times)

lizo_77

I was trying to come up with an appropriate title after yesterday....

Post!

lizo_77

so so sad what has happened at Boston! Running is meant to be a joyful event enjoyed by all - everyone, no matter who you are, where you come from, your age.... why would anyone do something like this?

RR: did 4.4 miles today and just thought a lot as I went.

NRR: work day. catching up now. already at work. hoping to go shopping for plates, cups, silverware tonight for the wedding with my mom. afterwards, home to vacuum.... thoroughly.

later!

POrun

I guess I don't have many words other than to say, hugs to all. I feel like yesterday took away the thought of those running being able to be proud of their accomplishments, but we can't let that happen.

GREAT JOB CASSIE!!!! I hope when she's ready we can read her race report and hear the positive of her experience.

I pray that we can all think of the people that suffered and are fighting for their lives now to come through, and remember those that are heroes. I hope that we can think of the good and forget the act of bad that came from this. I hope that we can learn to come together as runners, families, a nation, and as people living on this earth to be here for each other, and to be strong for each other. Don't let bad win. Make sure we remember those that came together to help those in need, and remember those who came together for comfort and support to all who needed and need it. Run on, in remembrance, in peace, in love, and in hope.

Thinking of you all.

RunLikeTheWind23

Thinking of all those affected by yesterdays tragedy. It is just so sad. So grateful that our DIVAs are okay! I have a few friends who were out there running. I am so very grateful that they are okay. My cousins like in Boston as well. One of them works on Boylston Street directly next to where the explosions occurred. He had yesterday off because of Patriots Day. Another friend of my mine was at Fenway with her Husband and daughter. They were on their way down to the finish line when the explosion occurred. Another really close friend and her boy friend usually go to watch the race. They are ALWAYS right there at mile 26. But this year they didn't go because she's a college professor and had to teach her classes yesterday. Back in November I had applied to run with Brigham and Women's Charity Team. I was accepted. Shortly after that I got sick again and needed more surgery. I am so thankful for needing more surgery. Without it I would have been there yesterday and my parents would have been at the finish line waiting. Such a senseless, horrible tragedy. Praying that all those involved get thru this.

RR: Today I'll be running something in honor of those who were affected by yesterday's tragedy.

RunLikeTheWind23

Thinking of all those affected by yesterdays tragedy. It is just so sad. So grateful that our DIVAs are okay! I have a few friends who were out there running. I am so very grateful that they are okay. My cousins live in Boston as well. One of them works on Boylston Street directly next to where the explosions occurred. He had yesterday off because of Patriots Day. Another friend of my mine was at Fenway with her Husband and daughter. They were on their way down to the finish line when the explosion occurred. Another really close friend and her boy friend usually go to watch the race. They are ALWAYS right there at mile 26. But this year they didn't go because she's a college professor and had to teach her classes yesterday. Back in November I had applied to run with Brigham and Women's Charity Team. I was accepted. Shortly after that I got sick again and needed more surgery. I am so thankful for needing more surgery. Without it I would have been there yesterday and my parents would have been at the finish line waiting. Such a senseless, horrible tragedy. Praying that all those involved get thru this.

RR: Today I'll be running something in honor of those who were affected by yesterday's tragedy.

monk717

I've never run Boston and probably never will, but I am so so so sad by these events! It feels so personal. Like, I know nothing is really safe anymore, including running, but you don't think that your race will be the next terrorist attack. I feel so violated. There's a big race here in Madison in two weeks, 20,000 runners, and I'd be running it if I hadn't just given birth. I don't know how I'd feel if I were running it this year.

We don't necessarily try to shield A from the news, but we have limited what she's seen from this story. But she's seen enough that when she saw the video on the morning news, she told DH, "I don't like this, Dada." Neither to we kid, niether do we.

RR: Nothing today, hoping to have some time tomorrow if the pediatrician's office doesn't keep us waiting forever (but it usually does). My abs hurt from the bodyflow class I did on Sunday, but its in a weird spot, up higher more in my ribs. Is that still abs? Maybe its from doing the back exercises laying on my belly or something. Its uncomfortable, especially last night in bed.

NRR: Took P to daycare for the first time today! He was home with DH last week, but that doesn't really work because DH is doing some online courses to get into medical coding. There's a limited time to complete them and he can't get enough done with P home full time. So its daycare two days a week now... even though I've been leaving P for a week and a half, it was so weird leaving him at daycare! I had to make myself go. Not much else going on at the moment... P's two-month check up is tomorrow and I'm always really excited to get the new stats. He's getting so big but he's still pretty small. We went up a size in diapers but most of his newborn clothes still fit. I need to take some pictures to post. He's smiling now! But not consistently enough that I can get a picture. I love the way his face lights up. In light of the tragedy, we've really been loving on our kids for sure.

taylorma1

I know. It's so incredibly sad what happened. I am still trying to wrap my mind around it

lizo-I was thinking a lot about yesterday on my run this morning too. So sad

PO-great comments I wholeheartedly agree

RLTW-so glad your friends are alright. I guess having that surgery was actually a blessing in disguise

monk-A seems so perceptive about all that, and kids her age seem to have the best responses to something terrible like that.

Ran 7.5 miles on by favorite route this morning and paused in the middle to overlook a quiet Lake Michigan to reflect on what happened yesterday. Luckily all the people I knew there are alright

SassySparky

Lizo - I was trying to post this morning and couldn't come up with a title, either.

PO - how are you feeling lately? DId your FMLA get approved?

RLTW - that is close to home for you then! I'm glad to hear your family and friends are safe

Monk - it is so hard to start day care! After my SAHm-cation last week, Monday day care drop off was really really tough. G was very clingy as well.

Taylor - glad your friends are ok

RR: Today is ST, tonight after G goes to bed. I did a plank for 3 minutes and 30 seconds last night. Crazy.

NRR: Just reflecting on what happened in Boston and trying to get work done.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

NorCal

Morning DIVAs!

RR. Running 6 miles on trails after work with friends.

NRR. Yesterday was a no good, horrible, terrible, bad day. Of course, the tragedy in Boston was the most horrible news and so upsetting and depressing. I am thankful all the runners and their families I know have reported they are safe. My brother and his business partners were on the last plane out before the explosions. DH's cousin and her DH who ran were safe too. But this sort of thing just tears my heart open.

I had to go to work after spending all day reading about it and my then my first client was a HORRIBLE person. I mean, rude, uptight, bossy, unhappy, ungrateful, etc. Not someone you want to spend an hour in a room with trying your hardest to make feel good. I have seen 15-30 people per week for 3 years and have NEVER had someone like her. She didn't thank me at all and left the room before I could even check in with her after the massage. She then left me a $5 tip, which is just rude. Anyways, it sucked.

Then driving home last night, I was almost in a head on collision with another car. We live on a windy country road, 30 mph speed limit. I was coming around a sharp corner and 2 cars that appeared to be racing each other, came FLYING around the corner, mostly in my lane. OMG. I just just jerked my car to the right, missing the first car and the second car flew by, inches from me. I literally just burst into tears.

Sorry to be a downer! I promise to make today a GOOD DAY! Not letting evilness or fear overtake me!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

OJewel

Hi guys,

I don't have much time today but wanted to post in light of yesterday's events. How tragic. I'm trying not to dwell on it because it makes me cry. I cried watching the news last night. Just so so sad.

Hugs and more hugs to you all.

melrunner

Good morning girls.

Lizo hows the weather there?

PO beautifully said and written.

Monk hope P has a day at day care. Is he going to same one as A?

RLTW glad your friends are ok and that you weren't there.

Taylor great job with your run.

Sassy plank for three minutes?? Crazy.

NC sorry your day got worse. What a scary car experience.

melrunner

TriR spinning or running plus ST w trainer.

NtriR our friend Leanne had surgery yesterday and there was damage on her tibia and she suffered from muscle ad nerve damage. She's a runner, but she was spectating with her DH since they now live in Boston. She'll  need more surgery but she's ok.

My heart is hurting for the little boy that passed awy yesterday. His father was running. His sister lost a limb and his mother was having brain surgery.

id like to focus on good and on all the heroes what came together as a family instead of focusing on all the evil and the bad.

NorCal

Meli- That is so tragic for that family. I can't even imagine. I'm glad your friend made it through her first surgery and hopefully she recovers from this.

Jewel- You weren't the only one in tears! Just reading about it is enough, I can't bear to look at pictures.

Sassy- 3 minutes 30 seconds is awesome!!!

Taylor- Your run today sounds peaceful and appropriate.

Monk- That sounds like an expected response from A regarding the news. I don't like it either, kiddo! Hope things go well with P at daycare!

RLTW- Well maybe your brain saved your life! Thankful all of your friends are ok too!

PO- I agree, I feel bad for those who ran yesterday unable to post or talk about their race because it's been so overshadowed by this tragedy. But they did still run an awesome race and that is what we should focus on!

Lizo- Good luck getting all that done after work tonight!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies.

Can't really add to what you all have already posted.

RR: Got in 8 today, not really thinking about anything except running itself. What it feels like, how we do it, do I  move more at the hip or the knee. Just thankful I can run at all, especially when some of the injured have lost their legs.

NRR: I bottomed out emotionally last night. This latest event was the straw that broke the camel's back.  Just a lot going on, and then to have to worry about all this hate...

Big hugs around to all of you. I'm glad we're all safe.