Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club
Half Marathon Training Program
Goal Race: Freedom's Run Half Marathon, Saturday, September 30, 2017
12 Week Program
Our first group run and introduction will be on Saturday, July 8, 2017, 7:30am
This is a 12-week training schedule.
- Our group runs will be Tuesday evenings at 6:00 PM at Talley Rec Center in Baker Park and Saturday mornings at 7:30 AM at various locations.
- We recommend that participants have a base of at least a year of regular running (at any speed) with a comfortable long run of 5 miles and at least 10 miles per week.
- HALF MARATHON TRAINING IS FOR OUR MEMBERS 16 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER.
- There is no cost for the training, but you must be a current 2017 member of the Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club. Click http://steeplechasers.org/membership/join/ to join.
- For a more detailed overview of the program, please read our information book under the "materials" section of the Half Marathon Training Page. https://steeplechasers.org/training/training-groups/half-marathon-training-program/
After you register, please ask to join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fsrchalftraining/ -- this is only for current Steeplechasers member registered for the half marathon training program, but note if you cannot join our group runs, this is also a VIRTUAL TRAINING GROUP!