Pepper spray question (Read 777 times)

Lisa3.1

I picked up a Spitfire and a Sabre pepper spray. I saw that there was one that was meant for just canines. Should I have gotten that instead, or is the regular pepper spray just as, or more, eff. for canines also, or should it not be used for canines Thanks MTA: I asked because there was one that was for canines, and others didn't, unless it was just for marketing purposes.
      I'm sure there's a scientific answer to your question, but unfortunately I don't have it. I have had formal training where the instructor told us pepper spray was good for both dogs and people, but I don't know how he learned that. I didn't ask. I was busy trying not to spray myself. Good for you with the pepper spray. I think everyone should carry it, where legal, of course. Wink
      Do bears bear? Do bees be?

Hawt and sexy

¿ɥnɥ

I'm touching your pants.

Lisa3.1

I'm sure there's a scientific answer to your question, but unfortunately I don't have it. I have had formal training where the instructor told us pepper spray was good for both dogs and people, but I don't know how he learned that. I didn't ask. I was busy trying not to spray myself. Good for you with the pepper spray. I think everyone should carry it, where legal, of course. Wink
          I asked because there was one that was for canines, and others didn't, unless it was just for marketing purposes. MTA: and thanks very much for re:
          ¿ɥnɥ
          ˙ǝɔıu

Hawt and sexy

˙ǝuɐs ʇsoɯlɐ ɯɐ ı ʎʞɔnl ǝɹɐ noʎ 'ɹǝdɐʇ ʎɯ uı ɯɐ ı ˙ʇno puıɟ oʇ ǝʌɐɥ ɹǝʌǝu ı ǝdoɥ s,ʇǝl ˙ooʇ sǝʇoʎoɔ uo sʞɹoʍ ʇı ǝdoɥ ʎllɐǝɹ ı ˙sƃop puɐ sdǝǝd uo ʞɹoʍ oʇ pǝsoddns s,ʇı ˙ɯoɔ˙uozɐɯɐ uo ʇoƃ ı ʇɐɥʇ ʎɐɹds ɹǝddǝd ɯnuƃɐɯ ǝɔılod pǝllɐɔ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ǝʌɐɥ ı ʍouʞ ʇsnɯ noʎ ɟı 'llǝʍ

I'm touching your pants.

Bored Willamona?

Michelle

Lisa3.1

Bored Willamona?
                ˙ʎlʇuǝɹɐddɐ

Michelle

Hawt and sexy

˙ssǝupɐɯ ɹǝdɐʇ

I'm touching your pants.

˙ssǝupɐɯ ɹǝdɐʇ
                      Taper madness sure is getting to you Willamona! Wink

Michelle

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

The "normal" pepper spray you can buy in most stores is 6% capsaicin (sp?), and works on both humans and dogs. It doesn't have to be labeled for dogs specifically - there's no special ingredient for them. There is also a bear pepper spray you can get from hunting / fishing / outdoor stores. It's anywhere from 10-15% capsaicin, and comes in a more pressurized container so it will spray farther. Check with your state DEP / DNR to see if it is legal in your state.

Imminent Catastrophe

I have heard that mace is not effective against dogs, so you must use pepper spray. I'll try it out on my dogs and let you know. Wink.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I've heard that you have to spray them in the mouth because that's where the more delicate skin is--not much of an impact on the fur.
                            You can fly, but that cocoon has to go.