What's the weather like where you are? (Read 2090 times)

Winter and snow are NOT a myth!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Wingz

Professional Noob

Reminds me of the poem by Charles Hamilton Sorley The Song of the Ungirt Runner
      Oh, that's great! Thank you! We had "wintry mix" today, which meant low 30's and rain and freezing rain. I did my first trail-run in the rain today. Wow! I have to say, it's much more pleasant than running in the rain next to (or on) pavement! Next time it rains and I need to run, I'm heading for the trails!!!

Roads were made for journeys...

ssprung

good morning.. it is no fargo here in nyc but 18 with 20 mph winds.. 0 wind chill.. my coldest run by far.. i used to ski in the kind of weather.so this should be easy.. there is always a cab available... Shocked Sara
          It's 7F out right now, clear, & the forecast say it's going to heat up to 12F today. Yesterday I tried to get 8 miles in before the football game. It was about 15F when I started & breezy. As the sun went down the cold came down like a clamp. I started to feel a little sluggish & wondered vaguely what hypothermia felt like so, I cut the run short at 5. Whenever I start to feel cold I always check the weather on top of Mt Washington in NH for a little perspective. This morning the temps at -25F with 95 MPH wind. Now that's a wind chill.
            So cold alot of schools are either closed or 2 hour delay Shocked Shocked

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Very, very cold. Today in Toronto it is partly cloudy and -14C (6.8F), or -26C (-14.8F) with the wind chill. Wind: W 43 km/h (27 miles per hour), with gusts up to almost 70 km/h (43 miles per hour).

Why is it sideways?

We're not as bad as Toronto, but 20 degrees with a wind chill of 9 in Nashville. Definitely the coldest run of the year this morning.
                  Schools were cancelled this morning, it's -20 F without wind chill. Shocked
                  Kate ;) "The pain of regret is greater than the pain of self discipline."
                    It was so cold this morning my naughty bits nearly froze and I wound up hitting the treadmill. But it's supposed to get into the 50's today and be in the 60's tomorrow, hopefully the winds will be calm tomorrow, too. RLTW Mike
                      KA-BLAM! ...it's sunny and 81 here at the house. First time it's been over 70 in months! Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

34* rain then sleet then ice then snow then rain then ice....... repeat repeat repeat. The temp is supposded to crash to 10*!!! Slicker than snot on a door knob!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Good thing I've got a couple runs in this week. Here's the next few days Shocked Shocked Hazardous weather condition(s): Hazardous Weather Outlook Winter Storm Warning WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 12 PM EST WEDNESDAY Tonight...Snow. Sleet or freezing rain after midnight. Snow and sleet accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. Brisk with lows in the lower 20s. East winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent. Wednesday...Snow...Sleet and freezing rain in the morning...Then snow likely in the afternoon. Total accumulation of 6 to 10 inches. Windy with highs around 30. North winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent. Wednesday Night...Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow showers in the evening. Windy with lows around 11. Northwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent. Wind chill values as low as 6 below. Thursday...Mostly sunny and brisk. Highs around 19. West winds 15 to 25 mph. Wind chill values as low as 8 below. Thursday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows around 8 above. West winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Wind chill values as low as 10 below.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I got a long run in on Monday. Good thing, since it has been bitterly cold, again. Monday was the first day in a week with windchills above 0. Yesterday was back to frigid, as will be today and tomorrow. I think Friday things are supposed to "warm up," again. I think Sat. might even be above freezing!!! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

It's 15 degrees out today with a Winter Storm Warning until midnight tonight. The forecast calls for snow,followed by snow,sleet, freezing rain turning back to sleet & snow through the evening. There's no doubt I'll be going outside for a workout tonight. With a snowshovel.
                              Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

SNOW!!!!!! Finally!!! I get to try out what my brand new Subaru Outback can do in the white stuff. If there's still snow on the ground tonight, I'll try it again without the traction control Big grin