Triathlon #1 (Read 376 times)

XCRunner21

I finally finished my first tri. The swimming killed me, i was the last out of the water. But i made it up in the bike and the run, passed a few people, and got 4th in my age group. Now after reading this tell me of your on first tri experiences please!!
    Goals: 3 mile- break 16:00 2 mile- break 10:00 1 mile- break 4:45 Run my first Triathlon- done
      Close to last in my age-group in the swim. Got run over by about five people. Bottom 40% in the bike. Traded places with a girl on Wal-mart bike for 12 miles. Top fifth in the run. Overall - right in the middle. It was a lot of fun, but for me - training for 3 sports (finding the time) and managing the gear for 3 sports was a huge pain, compared to the simplicity of running. I'll do more tri's, but not for a while. I'm just better at running and like the fact that it simplifies my life, rather than complicates it. Smile

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

jeffdonahue

Overall about 3/4 of the way back. I really struggled with the mass start on the swim and hyperventilated. I was on a used/borrowed mountain bike with HUGE shocks so every tiem I tried to pedal harder/faster the whole thing wuold bounce and waste all my energy. The run I did fine for my fitness level at teh time. I was 2nd to last in my age group I think at the end. But I liked it enough to do more and eventually built up and did an IRonman about 2 years ago. keep it up - nice job!