mobile device support (Read 1106 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eric, it would be great If you could set up an interface that is friendly to a small format such as an iPhone : )
    eric :)

Did you just get an iPhone? I'll have to look into this after I'm done with GPS import.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Got an iTouch, but I can surf with it when in WiFi range. The pages simply need to be sparse and in a single column format. See http://m.cnn.com for an example. Thanks!
        mikeymike

Eric, I often access RA via my Windows Mobile 6 device and it looks good enough. I would advise against making it easier for Trent to waste time on the RA message boards.

Runners run

Works great on my Windows Mobile 6 phone, so I don't get what these iPhone losers are talking about. Wink
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I don't have an iPhone. Just sayin. To be clear, RA works great on the small screen, but there is a lot more scrolling involved than there needs to be.
                Dude, I agree with you. I was just giving you a hard time. I think a lightweight interface for the log (maybe not the forums, etc) would be nice. I'd use it pretty much every time.
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You might also try using the Opera Mini Browser on your device (although for iPhone/Touch users, mobile Safari is probably better). The nice thing about Opera Mini is that Opera's servers are the ones rendering the pages for mobile use, instead of your device. I find that pages render much cleaner and faster than using my Blackberry's built-in browser. I use Opera Mini instead of my Blackberry's browser anytime I need to visit a website that's not optimized for mobile, like RA or http://www.scoutsmomsbutt.com.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Non ducor, duco.

You might also try using the Opera Mini Browser on your device (although for iPhone/Touch users, mobile Safari is probably better).
                    Sweet! Thanks! Will this allow me to input to my log? I cant from my bb normally for some reason.
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Sweet! Thanks! Will this allow me to input to my log? I cant from my bb normally for some reason.
                      Yes, you will be able to input. I've entered runs in and posted to the forums via my Blackberry.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Non ducor, duco.

Yes, you will be able to input. I've entered runs in and posted to the forums via my Blackberry.
                        Great, while driving too?
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Great, while driving too?
                          I've read RA forum while driving. Occasionally, like now, I do post while driv OH MY GOD LOOK OUT FD HLBJGKL NGSDMNB KLJ

Non ducor, duco.

I've read RA forum while driving. Occasionally, like now, I do post while driv OH MY GOD LOOK OUT FD HLBJGKL NGSDMNB KLJ
                            That explains a lot.