So I went out for a gentle 5 miler (Read 1264 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

during my lunchbreak. 2 1/2 hrs later I got back. Dehydrated. Having got lost in the woods. Horribly lost. In the end I stumbled (almost literally) across a country pub, miles away from anywhere and asked them the quickest way back to my town. They told me it would only take about 20 mins.... by car. Luckily they gave me a couple of pints (of water). But clocked 16 miles - every cloud has a silver lining! Big grin

mikeymike

Boob. But hey, nice 16-miler.

Runners run

zzz

yikes what did your boss say? That's a heck of a long lunch!! but good on you for the 16 miles!!! Shocked
        Purdey

Self anointed title

I missed a fairly important meeting. Luckily the guy running the meeting is also a runner, so he sort of understood.... but not about the getting lost bit.

Go Daddy

So, your run imitated your Avatar. Life does imitate art.
            redleaf

Oh my!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

JakeKnight

See? GPS units really are critically important training tools. This story would be way better if you had a few pints of beer instead of water, and met a buxom Swedish girl named Inga.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

Purdey

Self anointed title

See? GPS units really are critically important training tools. This story would be way better if you had a few pints of beer instead of water, and met a buxom Swedish girl named Inga.
                  I was sorely tempted to stay for a couple of pints of beer. It was a lovely country pub with a beautiful garden. No Swedes though. Just one drunken old boy sitting at the bar.

C-R

That just verifies the dangers of trail and woodland running. I'll keep sticking to the asphalt and run through the inner city during luch. Its safer. At least you got your long run out of the way a little early so you can enjoy a few pints this weekend. I fully expected to have some local kniggit ask you to cut down a tree with a herring to get directions back home.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

A Saucy Wench

Nice. Big grin Amuses us, which is the point of your existence and got in a good training run. Good all around.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

JimR

or a german girl named Susan
                        JakeKnight

Is that Phil Hartman? I miss Phil.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Purdey, how to you know it was a 16-miler? Just a guess, or did you have a Garmin? Because those things have a "return to start" feature under the navigation menu for morons like you situations like this.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JimR

I miss Phil.
                              you just wanna wake up in the morning with a size 7 poop chute
                                I miss Phil, too. Caveman Lawyer