Tips for running in rain? (Read 926 times)

I'm certain it's too late for advice for exactly when you were looking for it but I guess I'll chime in for anyone looking for such a thread. I got the strangest thing under my toe but you may find it easier to run in the rain if it's not too torrential because nature's kind of helping you maintain your body temperature a bit :P But anyways definitely try to keep your feet protected. I developed some sort of a blister/bruise under my "pointer" toe I guess and two little blisters on the same toe. Very strange. And try not to wear heavy clothing because it will just get heavier. I went out knowing it was going to rain for my 9 mile long run last week and I remembered from XC my coach said to wear as little as possible and I wore my more plasticy shorts rather than the more cotton/spandex ones. Worked out well. I ran an AMAZING 7:29 pace for my longest run at that point..
      Use vaseline... in any spot that might rub and all over your feet. It'll feel a little weird but you'll love it. Last year at TCM it poured for 4-5 miles, but I didn't get any blisters - because of the vaseline. It repels water.
      Team Cross Runs more than just a running blog!