Garmin 110 frozen (Read 4156 times)

Help!

Today while uploading a run the 110 froze on the screen "saving activity" and is still stuck there. Scanning the Garmin forums it seems like this glitch is common but did not see a way to rescue the data. This is not the first time it's happened.

I had a nice run today that I really want to view - is there a rescue?

alivoh

I am having the same problem. Did you ever figure out a solution?

I also frequently find it difficult to upload data. When this happens I have to keep disconnecting and reconnecting, logging in and out, and eventually it seems to connect. Today I encountered this new problem with the frozen screen.

Mark

eric :)

The freezing is a common problem with the 110.  Sometimes it may result in loss of data.  I upload my data immediately after each run to avoid too much data loss should it happen.

If you have trouble uploading data, try connecting the cable to a different USB port.

Chris T

From an email I received from Garmin-

Thank you for contacting Garmin International. I will be happy to help you. Please hold the light button for 10 seconds. This will force the Forerunner 110 to turn on. If the Forerunner 110 does not turn on please try a master reset.

*Please use the master reset sequence sparingly and only when absolutely needed. 

1. Power the device Off (Press and hold the light button)  
          2. Press Light and Lap/Reset to power the device on
          3. A message will appear, "Clear User Data?"
          4. Press the Start/Stop(up arrow) button to select yes
          5. Press the Page/Menu button to select ok and to confirm the reset
          6. The watch will shut off and power back on
          7. Proceed through the initial setup    

Master resetting the device will erase the user profile in the device and reset to factory default.