look for me in the Boston Marathon! (Read 460 times)

sluggo

John

I just got my volunteer assignment! I (with about 16 other Wicked Running Club members) will be at the powergel stop - mile 16.85. Say "Hi" as you cruise off to Heartbreak Hill! Tell me if you have a favorite flavor - I will have it for you!

John
    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Just took at your log since I saw a bunch of Wicked Running Club shirts at my race today... and you were there! RA people actually exist in the real world! Nice run, btw. That course almost killed me with the hills and the wind... and the hills with wind Smile
      sluggo

John

Just took at your log since I saw a bunch of Wicked Running Club shirts at my race today... and you were there! RA people actually exist in the real world! Nice run, btw. That course almost killed me with the hills and the wind... and the hills with wind Smile
        You finished the Salem Greens race in 5th place in 20:41 and you congratulate me (Mr Midpacker) on finishing in 27:38?!? Thx - but I think you deserve the kudo's. This is a tough 5K. It's the 3rd time I've run it and my goal was to NOT WALK ANY OF IT! I managed to achieve this humble goal but some of those uphills might have been faster if I walked them. As for the wind - it has been windy here for so long, I now now like running INTO the wind and imagining that I am running as fast as the air speed implies. The imagery is nice even if the reality sucks. Wicked did have a bunch of people running today - 10 to 15 I guess. It is on our 2008 club race series. Next one up is the Salem Wellness Fair. This is a much flatter and faster course. I have entered this race and agreed to run this with some of my friends who are running 15 min/mi and are intimidated about even entering a 5K! But - back to topic - I am really looking forward to volunteering for this yrs BAA Marathon! If you are running and can find me, I will have your flavor. Maybe I can wear a "sluggo" hat...

John
        www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"