Ryan Hall and Kara Goucher both finished 3rd in the Boston Marathon! (Read 1091 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Get over it and move on with your life. You come to a forum such as this and don't expect to see anything about the race? Cry
    I was watching the race on a delay and didn't appreciate seeing the result when I was at mile 20 of the women's race. It was a great race all the way to the end and the suspense would have made it better. It's just common courtesy. On a separate note, the TV camera followed MikeyMike as he crossed the finish line. He looked like he gave it his all. Congrats Mikey!

Imminent Catastrophe

Get over it and move on with your life. You come to a forum such as this and don't expect to see anything about the race? Cry
      That's just basic Netiquette, no spoilers in the thread title and spoiler alert. Especially in the age of TiVo. And another thing: SNARKINESS

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

fanreffic

Great race, was glad to catch the final 15 minutes before the winners crossed. Felt bad for Goucher, but it seemed like a really dumb strategy to let the other 2 draft off of her efforts. Once she didn't pull away she should of settled back. By mile 25 you could see that she was toast. Kept looking over her shoulder, then down a couple of times. By contrast the winner ran a perfect race. Drafted nicely and quietly in 3rd place until she was ready to kick. Didn't see much of the men, but it was nice to see an American do well in both races.

Imminent Catastrophe

Incredible crowds. There were more spectators down at the finish line at the 5-hour mark than there were when the elites finished.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Slow Runner

Incredible crowds. There were more spectators down at the finish line at the 5-hour mark than there were when the elites finished.
            That's because the baseball game is over and the crowds from there have nowhere else to go...

Imminent Catastrophe

That's because the baseball game is over and the crowds from there have nowhere else to go...
              So, if you're so cynical about it why are you reading this thread? Plenty of baseball forums out there.

Slow Runner

I was simply stating why there would be a larger crowd now than when the elites finished earlier...Nothing cynical about it....

Imminent Catastrophe

Your comments in this thread have been snarky. It's gotten annoying.

Slow Runner

Tight lipped

Imminent Catastrophe

that's better! Wink

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Your comments in this thread have been snarky. It's gotten annoying.
                        I believe this is the same troll who was all "hearts and flowers" in the Susan Boyle thread, as well. Maybe it's another assumed name for Adora/bliss/tracy/blueskies, etc.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

I believe this is the same troll who was all "hearts and flowers" in the Susan Boyle thread, as well. Maybe it's another assumed name for Adora/bliss/tracy/blueskies, etc.
                          Yes it is, and no, I don't think so.