First run of the new year! (Read 670 times)

First run starting off my new years resolution! It was atrocious, as you can see from my log. But it'll make the end result all the more pleasing when I look back to where I was. Plus it was 15 degrees out and snowy roads.
    2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.
      Awesome! Keep up the good work Bramsey89! Smile

Another Passion

Awesome! Keep up the good work Bramsey89! Smile
        What she ^ said. Big grin

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

MrH

0.9 Mi 9:39:30 10:23:08 / Mi You did 0.9 miles in a little under ten hours? The only way is up, I guess Wink Me ... I did 4.8 Mi in 44:40, with temps of 33F but a beautiful sunny afternoon.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

I got a 5 miler in this afternoon. The weather was a nice change from the teens and twenties temps we've been having. It was sunny and 66 with a slight breeze. Lots of people out today.
              Got in a nice seven miler. Was aiming for six miles, but I felt good enough at the end to tack on another mile.
                4.5 miles this morning- a chilly 10 degrees in the "mountains" of PA where I was visiting relatives in the Poconos. I got out there and did it! Sunny and pretty with snow on the ground but clear roads.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

6 miles. I had originally planned to do a 6 mile race, but my body (namely throat and lungs) had other ideas. So I did an easy 6, instead.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

I did a very pleasant 1.7 at 12:15 am and wanted to keep going but I had told dh I would only be out 15 minutes or so. Had a sopping driving cold rain 9 miler at 9 am. Turns out my rain jacket has zero rain resistance.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dog-Love

3.2 miles with about 25 folks in 3 degree cold (-10 if you consider the wind). Beautiful day in Juneau.
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                        0.9 Mi 9:39:30 10:23:08 / Mi You did 0.9 miles in a little under ten hours? The only way is up, I guess Wink Me ... I did 4.8 Mi in 44:40, with temps of 33F but a beautiful sunny afternoon.
                        Oops! haha. Fixed it!, I think! My stopwatch just had the miliseconds so I added those.
                        2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.

Skooter 3.0

Hangover Classic 10 miler! Race report tomorrow, but I'm happy to report now, that I DID drink all day after!

Goals?

I am pleased to report that the 2nd run was much better in both distance and pace. =D

Best Present Ever

I ran a new year's day 5K for a PR time and dragged along a friend for whom it was her first race (she just finished the C25K). I feel like I should get a toaster oven or something. And my kids (5 & 8) were so impressed by all the kids in the race, they've now committed to running a Valentie's Day 5K with me. The whole family went to the track together this morning. I accompanied my husband on his first 2 mile run, and the kids just ran (and ran, and ran). And auspicious running start to the new year ...

Me

I ran a 5K in downtown Knoxville. I beat my stretch goal time of 26:00 with a 25:40. Cool I was pretty pumped. Mike