On average, how many runs do you do for the same set of running clothes before washing them? (Read 903 times)

On My Horse

Once, with the notable exception of my morning running shorts, which typically make it 3 runs before finding their way into the wash (I don't have enough running shorts to not double them up somewhere)

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I typically do 2 runs before washing them. Adding baking soda to the wash works wonders as a stench remover and is way cheaper than oxyclean. I put in a little shy of a quarter cup with each stinkload. Learned that trick from washing cloth diapers.
      Jenny

A Saucy Wench

Oh and as to the original question. It depends. I tend to wear bras once, shirts a couple times and pants a few times. Shorts it depends on if i went commando with the built in liner or provided my own liner. In general what really happens is about once a week I gather all of the running/gym workout gear that has been used any amount and toss it in the washer.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I put in a little shy of a quarter cup with each stinkload.
          I love your term "stinkload". Going to have to work that one into general usage Smile I sweat an awful lot, and if my running stuff is completely wet when I'm done it goes straight to dirty clothes. If I did a short run and didn't sweat ridiculous amounts, I might try to get one more run out of them. I use the Fit detergent when the stink gets too overwhelming. It does the trick after 2-3 washes. Of course, after a few times back with my regular detergent, the stink always returns. I'm totally going to try the baking soda, though.