New Toy? (Read 562 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*swoons* I know! And I also knew that as soon as I got an iPod Apple would come out with something WAY cooler! Have you heard any rumors re: price? I'm guessing that baby won't be cheap. But I'd think it could replace my iPod, cell phone, and PDA...maybe in a few years it would be worth getting, especially as I hear that Palm is likely to drop Mac support soon (and I would love to not have to carry so many gadgets). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Unbelievable thing. All smart touch screen. Includes Cingulair phone, FULL integration with your music, movies, contacts, calendar, etc from iTunes (and Mac), runs MacOSX, has a native browser, links directly to google maps and google local (e.g., bring up browser, search for StarBucks, finds the closest one automatically, press a button to call it and to see a map for how to get there), 4 or 8 gigs of memory, other features upon features. June. $499 or $599, includes 2 year service contract.
      vicentefrijole

Hmmm... is this going to leave Microsofts' Zune in the dust, or what? Big grin
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Microsoft what? Oh, yeah. That ugly thing they put out like one month ago to compete with the device Apple put out in 2001, and right before Apple put out something that revolutionizes another market. I guess Microsoft is doing better, only 5 years to catch up. It took them 10 years to catch up with operating systems; Windows 95 looked suspiciously like Mac '85.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Tee hee! My only problem would be with Cingular--their coverage around here sucks donkey nuts. If they were to also work with Verizon or if Cingular improved their coverage here I would be all over that in a couple of years. I was just talking to DH and he even thinks that would be a reasonable replacement for iPod/cell/PDA for the price...not really any more expensive and only one gadget to have to carry around. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, and did you hear that Apple is no longer Apple Computers, Inc., but simply Apple, Inc. Makes sense, since computers are now a relatively small part of what they do. Even though I am a major Mac-phile, I still see them as more of an entertainment and soon entertainment/communications company. Microsoft will rue the day! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

i love that they have a frame from the Office for the video image...that's awesome. Although it'll take me years before i figure out how to fully utilize the thing...and then something new will come up.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

i love that they have a frame from the Office for the video image...that's awesome. Although it'll take me years before i figure out how to fully utilize the thing...and then something new will come up.
                  Oh no, unlike all the other devices out there that will take you years to learn, Apple is notorious for being so blindingly simple that even a flying monkey can figure out how to use it in 10 minutes.
                  JakeKnight

(in best Eric Cartman voice): Sweet!

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

bas

Fantastic! Apple did it again Big grin bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Cool. This looks much more like a competitor to Blackberry and Trio than media players. Actually at first glance its a pretty weak media player (my current iPod is 30 GB whereas this thing maxes out at 8 and is more than twice the price.) It does a bunch of stuff I don't currently need. I like my current phone and love my current iPod and don't really see a reason to combine them, but this does look like it has potential as a smart phone. At some point I know I will own one of those evil things--even though 90% of the time I am very happy NOT to have access to my email on my phone, there is that other 10% such as when I'm traveling for work and wish I didn't have to lug a laptop that I wish I did. Eventually smart phones will reach the price point and have the functionality that it will be a no-brainer. And I'm glad Apple has gotten in to the mix because whether my eventual smart phone is the 3rd generation of this gizmo or some other gizmo, the fact that Apple is making this will make these devices become better and more user friendly. That touch screen interface alone completely changes the game. Like the GUI in 1985. But for now I'm very, very happy with my iPod. And the show I watch on it most often, when I watch shows on it, is The Office.

Runners run

Prophet!

Oh no, unlike all the other devices out there that will take you years to learn, Apple is notorious for being so blindingly simple that even a flying monkey can figure out how to use it in 10 minutes.
                          i am therefore a non-flying monkey as i probably won't be able to figure out how to use it in 10 minutes
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don't forget the coolest part...it runs OS X... *faints* Big grin Eric, I think you need to start working on optimizing RA to run on iPhones! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

RunningHammer

seems to be a lot of Apple-loving going on here i think i must be the only person left in the western hemisphere that doesn't own a mobile phone !! Big grin