Racing after a Marathon (Read 521 times)

Trailrunnergary

Racing after a Marathon You’ve finished the marathon for which you prepared. You raced hard. Your muscles are sore. Your mind is exhausted from concentrating on racing your best as you became progressively more sore and tired as the miles went by. All you want to do is to relax, take it easy and chill out. But for some marathon finishers thoughts are already turning to racing after the marathon and racing well. This is the first paragraph of a rather lengthy article I wrote so I didn't post it in its entirety like I usually do. This article has some valuable information for those returning to racing after a marathon. For the remainder visit http://www.garycohenrunning.com , click "All in a Day's Run" and then "Racing after a Marathon."

Why is it sideways?

Cripes, how many times to I have to click on embedded links before I am granted the priviledge of reading this article? If you're going to post something, post it.
        Cripes, how many times to I have to click on embedded links before I am granted the priviledge of reading this article? If you're going to post something, post it.
        As soon as you go to his site that he shamelessly plugged for more hits....
        bhearn

Then there are those who run marathons every weekend, sometimes more than one per weekend. For most Marathon Maniacs these marathons don't usually count as racing... but there are exceptions. Check out the 2006 record of Chuck Engle (aka "Marathon Junkie"). He ran 52 marathons in 2006, all sub-3:00 (some as fast as 2:32), and won fully half of them! http://mm.littlemarathon.com/MyMarathons.asp?ManiacId=250
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

FWIW, Chuckie reads these boards... Let the games begin! Also, FWIW, I see Chuckie didn't finish a rinky dink marathon in November 2006. Just sayin' Evil grin
            xor

??? He finished 5 (at least) in Nov 06. I must be missing the joke that goes along with the devil ears and the rinky dinky doo comment. Hi, Bob. (drink!)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

He was the only DNF at the inaugural monkey. Although he won a marathon the day before.
                xor

Oh! *THAT* rinky dink marathon. You were being specific. Beg pardon.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey