Would you like to map your next run and then SEE it? (Read 133 times)

xhristopher

Markrunner34, I'm gonna need your street address for the witness subpoena. As my attorney is telling me, the constable must hand deliver it. Also, what day's are you free for the deposition? I hope to have that wrapped up by the end of month. Thanks.

kilkee

runktrun

Sure, but not everyone wants too.  I've run in some areas I wish I didn't. I don't think you can totally know the area just by looking at the birds-eye "earth" view..

YES!  I've totally run into dicey neighborhoods (west Baltimore, anyone?), or found myself on an increasingly narrow shoulder.

So I turned around and ran somewhere else.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

an amazing likeness

...tool I've found is the Strava Global heat map...

You know...like the Run Spots feature of RunningAHEAD.  Resources -> Run Spots.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

an amazing likeness

...I found this was especially useful when I traveled and needed to find a route and wanted to know what kind of areas I was running into, did it have sidewalks, any dangerous spots with little visibility.

Let me know if this site is useful and any feedback.

The UI doesn't seem to align with the common use case of the vast majority of runs -- most runs are not point to point (A to B), rather they start & finish at the same location.  The UI needs to drop the point A to point B approach and move to a start point with waypoints.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

DDXD

Slower than I look

You know...like the Run Spots feature of RunningAHEAD.  Resources -> Run Spots.

Whelp, I never knew that was there.  You learn something new every day.

jbaco

I never knew it was there, either!!