Garmin Communicator + Mac = FAIL??? (Read 1079 times)

Fred.Just Fred

The Internut

This is not an Eric issue, it's obviously one for Garmin.  I just wonder if ANYONE has had success using the Garmin Communicator plug-in for Mac on RA?

I followed the directions given on the Garmin Communicator Plugin Installation Guide (http://www.runningahead.com/help/InstallGarmin) and successfully installed v2.6.4 for Mac (Leopard).  At least the installation SAID it was successful.  But then I tried to upload to RA and I received a "control not installed" mesage.

So I tried again.  This time I downloaded the latest and greatest, v2.8.1.  Again, I received the "successful installation" message, and once again RA reported no control found.

OK, so maybe it was my browser.  I use Camino 1.6.9 as my default, so I changed my preference to Safari 4.0.3.  This time, the plugin installed, but the test page that is called after the installation reported it was NOT FOUND.

It seems to me that Garmin hasn't quite figured out how Macs work.  OK, I use Macs, Windows and Linux, so I can continue to use my Windows machine to upload my Garmin data.  But I wonder if ANYONE has gotten this to work on a Mac?

Tech specs:  Powerbook G4 1.67GHz, Mac OS X 10.5.8, browsers as listed above. Garmin Forerunner 205.  Garmin Training Center (working) and TrailRunner (also working).  -- So the problem most definitely exists in the plugin!

I'll have days when I don't think I can run a marathon. I'll have a lifetime to know that I did.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The Communicator plug-in doesn't work for me on Safari, but does on Firefox.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Imminent Catastrophe

It works for me both Firefox and Safari (didn't work with Safari until recently). The latest Garmin software update won't install but since it's working, I ain't gonna fix it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

eric :)

amcneice reported that this worked:

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?p=6473

Maybe you can give that a try.

holmbrew

It works for me, but there has been an update recently, so make sure you get that.

--

Jason

-- Jason
              Works for me in Safari with Leopard and a 305. I don't think I did anything special on the install, sorry Sad
              jrdischinger

I'm having the same problems.  Updated the Garmin Communicator Plug In and the Ant Agent.  I've got a Garmin 405.  Any suggestions?  Using a brand new Mac on Firefox. 
                  Forerunner 405 + Firefox + Most Recent Comm. Plugin = SUCCESS

Forerunner 405 + Safari + Most Recent Comm. Plugin = FAIL

2012: Just run.