Rick/Rvelich - Glass City Marathon, 72 hours to go (Read 853 times)

Another Passion

Great shot of JK right before the finish with the bridge (that we crossed at the beginning of the race), Mishka! It was GREAT meeting you and having you out there on the course and, when I post my race report, later today for sure, you'll see what an awesome role you played in seeing me through to the finish. Thanks.

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

The Greatest of All Time

You guys made it look too damn easy with all that smiling and thumbs up crap. Big grin
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      Mishka-old log

Very cool Mishka! As bad as running in those conditions must have been, methinks standing around in it was probably pretty bad too!
        I've been to enough NW Ohio spring track meets to not get fooled by the weather around here. 6 layers, the top one waterproof did the trick!
        Mishka-old log

Great shot of JK right before the finish with the bridge (that we crossed at the beginning of the race), Mishka! It was GREAT meeting you and having you out there on the course and, when I post my race report, later today for sure, you'll see what an awesome role you played in seeing me through to the finish. Thanks.
          It was great meeting both you and JK. And I may have given you some company there down that last stretch, but you would have made it on your own for sure...no doubt about that. Yeah, I really like that picture. It's the only where I actually thought about what else I could get in the shot. I definitely wanted the bridge, and if you look close, the sign behind JK to his right says "NO ALCOHOL PAST THIS POINT." I'm really not sure why the sign is there. There is an embankment immediately after the chains that drops into the river. If you're too inebriated to figure that out for yourself, the sign probably isn't going to help you much. Maybe you're just not supposed to be drinking in the river. In that case, would that make it a "dry river?"

Think Whirled Peas

Mishka, I just read Rick's race report...and I gotta tell ya I'm a bit dissappointed in you my man. I read that you rode a bicycle...I was expecting you to be atop an emu!!!! Wink In all seriousness though, that's really inspiring to see how uplifting RA folks can be. Job well done, good sir!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Way to go, fellas!
                CONGRATULATIONS to JK!!! I love that you (and Rick) are smiling in all the pics! Thanks for keeping us inspired! Cool

Dave

Amazing race, and an amazing race report. Hope that you take enough time to fully heal up that leg. Rick, if you want to experience big crowds and big crowd support, I'll provide a place to stay for the USMC marathon this fall. Opens up at the end of month. You should have blocked all the pain out of your memories by then Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mishka-old log

Mishka, I just read Rick's race report...and I gotta tell ya I'm a bit dissappointed in you my man. I read that you rode a bicycle...I was expecting you to be atop an emu!!!! Wink In all seriousness though, that's really inspiring to see how uplifting RA folks can be. Job well done, good sir!
                    I almost always give the emu a little honey and graham cracker snack each night, but forgot to Saturday. The emu is not as forgetful as I and told me all about it on Sunday morning. I didn't even bother asking for a ride. You know how emu's are. I was great being out there.
                    JakeKnight

See the other thread for my response to all the above. Especially Mishka. Or I could type another 10000 words here. But just going to the other thread is probably better.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

Another Passion

See the other thread for my response to all the above. Especially Mishka. Or I could type another 10000 words here. But just going to the other thread is probably better.
                        JK, dude, you're a serious typer! And Mishka... emu or not... I was, and am even moreso now (now that I have recovered from my hypothermic and pain-driven shock) so grateful for your presence out on the race course Sunday. Words cannot describe your value to my being able to finish.

Rick
                        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                        runningforcassy.blogspot.com