Stretch Primeknit shoes (Read 46 times)

Tony117

Greetings, runners!

I recently bought a pair of adidas Rose 7 Primeknit shoes online, which were a steal. However, when I tried them out they were quite tight, mainly on the sewn area as shown in the pic. I'm also somewhat of a wide foot, which makes my toes feel a bit tight, but not so much. I can't exchange them for a bigger size at the store, since they've run out of those.

So the question is, can I safely stretch these shoes with this sort of material? Is stretching the sewn area (see picture) possible, or will it damage the shoes?

(@mods: also posted this on Off the Beaten Path, didn't know which was the correct one. My apologies if I wasn't supposed to post in either.)

Daniel

I've got wide feet as well and I found some alternative lacing techniques help the front of my shoes feel a little wider. After the bottom holes I skip up one set of holes and then lace then up as you normally would. It helps with me. I don't know how others feel about this but if would make your shoes more comfortable.

Half Fanatic #846

In my experience, tight shoes and running will probably lead to blisters and other problems - even if you try to stretch them. Whenever I wear shoes they have plenty of room (maybe even a little extra room or a half size up), especially in the toe box area. Can you return the ones that are too small? I also wear double layered socks (google Wright Socks) and have never had a blister when wearing them in shoes that have plenty of room.

Good luck with this!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!