High School Runners Only. (Read 504 times)

a.wesolowski

I am a continuous member of my high school's cross country and track teams. Most of these posts are from adults talking to adults. Teens have different running methods and are prone to less injury, so I'm curious to those high school runners out there. What running stories or advice do you have from high school running experiences??
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

There aren't TOO many HS runners on RA. Have you tried the DyeStat message boards? There are boards for every region in the country. I think that's the main way HS runners I know connect with each other. http://www.talk.dyestat.com/index.php
        I'm a high school runner... I'm definitely not fast(I was, until the end of this season, the slowest runner on the team), but I enjoy running and everything. I don't have many stories of my running, but... I guess my best running story is when our team had our first practice off campus, last year, I was the only one on the team who was incapable of reading road signs, and ended up getting completely lost. It wouldn't have been so horrific of an experience for me, except for the fact that I don't live in the town I go to school in, and therefore I had no knowledge of my location. It was pretty scary/funny. Luckily, I now know that area so much better than I did last year. I'm not sure if that's what you meant by "running experiences", but there's mine... Track this year is making me so lazy. Saying I do part throwing, my coaches have me focus on that, so they aren't making me do speed workouts, and are only making me to the .5 mile warmups... It's a bit ridiculous... *random* =]
        mcrunner

i went running this week and... i almost got hit by a car, almost fell down a hill into a street and almost got stung by two different bees (me and bees don't get along) all of this happened in about 15 minutes