Shoes (Read 1016 times)

I look my best blurry!

"Musha" sounds like the name of a shoe with lots of cushion.

Sounds like a Chinese burrito like thingy with cabbage and mushrooms and some kinda sauce in a rice wrapper.  

Sounds like a Chinese burrito like thingy with cabbage and mushrooms and some kinda sauce in a rice wrapper.  

Can't help but butt in...

"Musha" means samurai warrior.  Gosh, those Americans...

Oh, on the other note, I saw this guy who had Chinese charactor tatooed on his forearm.  I said, "Oh, Chinese charactor?? (now, WE, Japanese, use Chinese charactors)"  He said, very proudly with a grin; "Oh, I play musican instrament so I wanted the charactors saying "music" on my arm."  Well, in Chinese charactors, you put "sound" and "enjoyment" or "fun" together to make "music".  He only had the second half--"enjoyment"--and no "sound"!!  I did point it out to him but I don't know what he did with that knowledge...  A poor guy!

I have the mushas and the ronins.  They are sparkly and bright. 
        xor

I actually knew about Musha and, of course, Ronin.  The problem is that some names don't transfer well to other cultures, either phonetically or with actual meaning.

We always hear in marketing 101 that GM couldn't sell the Nova in spanish speaking countries because "no va" means "won't go" in Spanish.  Turns out this one is an urban legend.  But it sounds nice.

Back in the early pre-palm pilot days of the handheld, there was the company that wanted to unveil the Hand Job.

I have a can of Spotted Dick sponge pudding.

There's also the acid reflux medicine called Aciphex. This isn't a cultural snafu, but it is weird.  Say it outloud.  That's right.  Ass Effects. 

Nike has a shoe called the Vomero. 

Menace to Sobriety

Another vote for Elixers, I see.

xenoplastic, I don't know much about the Ronins, so I may look at them and the Musha. 

Thank you both. 

If you try the Elixir and like them, you may also want to look Brooks Adrenelines. My daughter alternated between these two when she was running in college with no issues.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Thanks, Craig.  I'll look into those as well. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

dennrunner

I have a can of Spotted Dick sponge pudding.

And that would be???

If you try the Elixir and like them, you may also want to look Brooks Adrenelines. My daughter alternated between these two when she was running in college with no issues.

Craig, by the way, did she find the Adreneline to be about the same, support-wise, as the Elixr, or simply a good complement?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xor

And that would be???

A can of this stuff:

It's the english concept of "pudding" which means it is solid, not liquid.  Basically it is sponge cake with raisins (the spots).  I would assume you need to remove it from the can before you microwave it.

Anyway, spotted dick goes way way way back.  If you read Patrick O'Brian's sailing books (where the movie "Master and Commander" came from), the officers are always eating.  And desserts are things like "spotted dick" and "drowned baby".

Giant Flaming Dork

I tried out the "Cruise" from Pearl Izumi recently.  They felt really nice and springy.  Seemed like the perfect shoe to do some speedwork.  I ended up not buying them because they felt "fast" and I don't need an injury.  

They may be what you're looking for though...

http://xkcd.com/621/

I look my best blurry!

A can of this stuff:

It's the english concept of "pudding" which means it is solid, not liquid.  Basically it is sponge cake with raisins (the spots).  I would assume you need to remove it from the can before you microwave it.

Anyway, spotted dick goes way way way back.  If you read Patrick O'Brian's sailing books (where the movie "Master and Commander" came from), the officers are always eating.  And desserts are things like "spotted dick" and "drowned baby".

Thanks for sharing.  

flatland mountaineer

I  run mostly in Wave Riders cause they seem a little narrower than Inspires and although officially classed as neutral they seem to work for me as I need just a hint of stability. I also use a pair of Nexus in my rotation along wth Elixars on speed days. I recently bought some Musha's, really fun but I look to avoid the big rocks on my country road runs. But hey at least I "look" fast. Holy cow  they re light though (Mushas).

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Craig, by the way, did she find the Adreneline to be about the same, support-wise, as the Elixr, or simply a good complement?

I think the Adrenaline is more supportive, closer to the Inspire.  I've never tried the Adrenaline, since anything more controlling than the Elixir or other mild stability shoes is too much shoe for me.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Menace to Sobriety

She thought the Elixirs may have been slightly lighter and a little more flexible, but not by much. I intend to give the Elixirs a try myself. I've been in Adrenelines since version 4 or 5 with decent luck, but wouldn't mind trying something else. Everytime Brooks  "evolves" the Adrenelines, they feel a little different. So far they've all worked, but it would be nice to have a back up in case that changes.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.