What's the nicest thing anyone has said about your running? (Read 2215 times)

JakeKnight

It was actually said here, at RA.
    Smile

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Dave

That was nice. You've been sucking up to Jeff for 2 years? And I looked at that elevation profile. You're all nuts.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

JakeKnight

That was nice. You've been sucking up to Jeff for 2 years? And I looked at that elevation profile. You're all nuts.
        He's very handsome, knows lots of cool running stuff, and probably has some great weed connections. Who wouldn't suck up?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Dave

He's very handsome, knows lots of cool running stuff, and probably has some great weed connections. Who wouldn't suck up?
          But two years. That's like a suck up marathon. Like a suck up ultra marathon.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

That was nice. You've been sucking up to Jeff for 2 years?
            And here I thought the kinder, gentler ape of the Glass City Marathon report was a new kinder, gentler ape. Turns out that deep down inside, he's always been a softie. I thought that kinda stuff would get your Swamp membership revoked.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

This is the only possible reason I've thought about going back for a HS reunion (25 years next year). It is amazing how bad many people look like in their early 40's when they don't stay in shape.
              That's going to be the fun part of mine as well. And the scheduling couldn't be better - it will fall somewhere between 2 and 4 weeks after NYC'09, which I will be doing (auto-entry after several denials). I will be down 40-50 lbs by then, and looking "lithe and runnerly". It's gonna be fun when they ask what I've been up to. "Oh, not much - I just finished the New York Marathon two weeks ago" Big grin

Feeling the growl again

A former college teammate of mine a couple years behind me went nuts one year, trained his tail off, and took 1:30 off his 5K PR (I think just sub-17). He still didn't make varsity but he got a hell of a lot of respect for the beastish amout of work he put in to generate that improvement. I was joking around with him after a race and asked what lit a fire under his butt. He said "You did. I saw what you did after you graduated and figured that I could do it to." Talk about humbling. This guy turned into one of the small percentage of college runners who is in it for life; never took a break, is still running marathons (PR in the 2:47 range).

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Not sure the nicest thing. But, one of the meanest things anyone ever said was: "Holy Crap, you have big legs!" Ya, that made my day.

- Anya

One of the regulars here said "Your training looks outstanding, by the way." Blush Big grin

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

I just returned from a 10 miler this morning, and after telling my brother what I'd been doing for the past 1.5 hrs, he said: "dang, I might have to rethink my view of the female species!" Ha ha, I guess that's a good thing!
                      redleaf

Mine was today. I am visiting my brother and his family and mapped out a course near the house along the water to do my run/walk. Because the boardwalk is actually kinda short (about 1.5 km) I figured I would walk/run to there as my warm up, do my walk/run thing 4 times on the boardwalk and then continue back on the streets until I got back. A guy was walking his dog starting at the other end so I passed him once going north while he was going south. And then passed him going south while he was still going south. Then passed him going north again while he was stopped talking to a groundskeeper. Then passed him on my final lap south while he was heading north. A good 30 seconds before we crossed he asked how many times I ran the boardwalk. I said it was my last time - my fourth. He just grinned from ear to ear and said "that's great!".

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

One of the nicest things said to me came from my 4 year old son after my first race. He asked me if I had fun. That was one of the high points of the day because it told me I didn't look like I was hurting after the run and that somehow I've taught my son the right thing. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

mommarun

the best thing anyone has ever said about my running is when my mother introduced me as her marathon daughter. great Big grin

Feeling the growl again

I was doing a long run last weekend in DC with a coworker. There were lots of runners on the path. I didn't hear it, but my coworker said she heard one of them say as the passed "Wow, that guy is really in shape". Since we were only doing about 9min pace I figured that said something good about my physique (I've been working diligently to shed a few extra lbs for ~2 months). Since I still see a marshmallow in the mirror it was a big compliment to me.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills