Whats the longevity of the Polar H10 chest HR monitor? (Read 23 times)

gzarb

I bought my Polar H10 HR monitor in October 2020.  I used it 3-4x per week during November, didnt use it at all during December, and I've been using it 5-7 times per week for the past 3 months.  I use it 80-100 minutes per day for 6x weekly, and 150+ minutes per day once weekly.  I bought the polar after becoming interested in MAF training, and my fitbit is a complete joke and the MAF HR earbuds also were incredibly inaccurate.  I haven't added up how many hours I've actually used it, though I probably easily could via the training log.

My unit is getting very erratic.  Over the past couple weeks it has gotten unreliable about an hour into my workout, starting to instantly go from my MAF HR to my pace, a instant jump of 30-40bpm for a few minutes, then it goes back to my HR or drops way low like 80s.  Today was the first time it glitched early, only 10 minutes into my run and it started reading pace (170s) for a few minutes before I eventually stopped running until it found my HR again.

Care - I follow polar advice.  I wipe the monitor clean after every use and let it dry out.  I rinse the strap regularly and give it a good washing weekly.  Battery, when this first started glitching in Jan I changed the battery.  I changed the battery again 3 days ago.  I also apply spectra 360 electrode gel liberally every use.

So for you polar chest strap HR owners - what kind of longevity are you seeing?  Do I just have a bad unit?  Or are people replacing these a couple times a year?

Absolutely not!  It should go for years!  Are you wearing it tight enough?  I only use a strap for my treadmill running since I use my wrist HR Garmin outdoors, but I've found that I have to tighten it up every few weeks.   I will say that I HAVE had bad units in the past.   I would contact Polar.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Luciplay

Absolutely not!  It should go for years!  Are you wearing it tight enough?  I only use a strap for my treadmill running since I use my wrist HR Garmin outdoors, but I've found that I have to tighten it up every few weeks.   I will say that I HAVE had bad units in the past.   I would contact Polar.

I almost gave up first before my H10. It has been with me for years.