What's your mantra/slogan(what do you think about during your run)? (Read 1210 times)

Katie H

Chicago winter running

When it starts hurting I count or do math like other people do or I think abuot a word I can usually spell that I suddenly can't and spend ages trying to figure it out (like conscience- easy now, not sometimes.) Two mantras that I'll repeat if I can think that long are: "It comes from within" - the end to that Chariots of Fire line, "And where does the power come from, to see the race to its end? From within." Also sometimes, "What counts is what you do once the pain sets in." – John Short but that's not a super positive one so only sometimes...
    We must speak with all the humility that is appropriate to our limited vision, but we must speak. - MLK Jr.

My dogs are fast, not me

"put one foot in front of the other"
      That one pops into my head quite often!

Robin

Pammie

To use the words of Aerosmith Don't Stop
          I guess I'm a little weird. I talk trash to the road. Smile The one I use the most is "can you hear the footsteps?"

each step is one step closer to a mile and each step is one step closer to being done (on those cold MN days when I don't wanna be running). Its kind of the same way I approach childbirth, each contraction is one step closer to the grand prize, the beautiful baby! lol
            ~Liz, single mama to K, L & C Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.
              I sometimes say "Just Keep Running, Just Keep Running" like Dory in Finding Nemo. Up hills, I yell at myself, things like "HTFU, B*tch" or just keep saying "hot legs, hot legs" which is what I hope to have after all this running. Sometimes I hear Jillian from The Biggest Loser yelling, "You want to be a MILF? Then you better get up that hill faster!". Hey, whatever works, right? Right? Blush

http://www.runningnotes.net

I can't keep a mantra in my head because I keep thinking about the food I am going to eat when I am done... lol... crunchy salty uh ah... (like alpha beta um ah)... sweet and gooy em ah... cup of coffee oh yeah... crunchy salty... um ah... If I run 10 more miles... I can eat a second piece of pie... Evil grin hmm... what was I posting about again Confused