One Race a Month - CHALLENGE - February (Read 3790 times)

I'd like in too. I ran a 5K this weekend, which I've log on the VR forum. In January I ran the Maimi Marathon, which I have not log. Should/Can I log a January race there? thanks.
      I ran a 5k on Saturday: the By George 5k put on by the potomac valley track club. I got second in my age group (with 20:48 PR) and won a cherry pie! I ran a 3k today: the Feb. 2008 Tidal Basin 3k in DC and finished in 11:14, another PR. This is a good month!

sean

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I wouldn't mind joining, but my race in January went 16 miles (Boston Prep, Derry, NH), which makes it difficult to enter!

Think Whirled Peas

Anyone is welcome to join! It's ok if you can't get your race into the group b/c of the distance not being an available option. The idea for this thread is to just commit to finding a race every month and getting it done! I probably should have started something similar for volunteering for a race too...time to start giving back to the sport that has given me so much in the short time I've taken it up!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Well I am done with February's committments. I have finished both races. Pensacola Marathon 26.2 miles Pensacola, Florida 3:50:50 and the Mardi Gras Marathon 26.2 MIles New Orleans, Louisiana 3:23:47 Next up in March is the .... I have not decided yet.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

...---...

I'm still in - did a 5K in Jan, and 8K on 2/8, a 10K on 3/1, a HM on 3/30...I'll get something in for April somewhere.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

pokey52

Ran the Hyannis Half Marathon on Sunday (02-24). Not my best effort but I finished healthy if somewhat stiff. We had a great day, and the weather was fine considering it was the seacoast in February. Looks like the next stop is New Bedford for the Half Marathon.