trouble inserting photos (Read 376 times)

HappyFeat

I've done it successfully in the past, but have tried for an hour now and can't get it to work. I use Flickr.  Help?

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

an amazing likeness

What I've found is that Flickr no longer gives you an easy url to link to the photo.  Their "Share This", then Grab The Link, or 'Grab The HTML' are no longer what we need.

If you look at the detail in their 'Grab the HTML', you'll find a section that begins "src=".  Take the htttp://farm-blah-blah.jpg section that comes immediately after the 'src=' and post it as here as the image link --- that should work.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

HappyFeat

Thanks for the reply. After fighting with it for over an hour, I figured out a way.

The way you describe - which is their new way - simply wasn't working for me. I tried it all kinds of ways many times over.

There's another roundabout way to get to the picture info similar to the old way, that I finally figured out and that worked for me.

Sorry for posting such a stupid question.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

OK - to follow-up with another "stupid question:"    How can I post a picture from my hard drive (or if a web address is required, from Picasa)?

I've done it here before, but I've forgotten how.   Thanks!

Jeanne

an amazing likeness

Mum -- the photo has to be uploaded to a web site in order to post, it can't just be on your hard drive.  What you are posting is actually a link to the photo on another web site.

If you use Picasa, it is deeply integrated with Picasa web albums and will handle all the work of uploading the photo to the web. From there you can link to it here using the photo icon up above in the toobar, next to the horseshoe looking thing by the smiley face.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

Thanks Milk!

Jeanne