RA Status: update 2 (Read 422 times)

I have found the problem.  The file server's disks are corrupted.  I'm bringing the file server down to see if I can recover the disks.  I can restore the files from backup, but that will take a while.

I was hoping you just forgot to feed the hamsters!

Feeling the growl again

I have found the problem.  The file server's disks are corrupted.  I'm bringing the file server down to see if I can recover the disks.  I can restore the files from backup, but that will take a while.

Things are indeed running MUCH better now.  But you'd better fix Ilene's avatar before she loses it.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

eric :)

I'm am furious!!!  The corruption is caused by the tech unplugging the power.  It is completely avoidable. I will need to make another trip to the data center to see if I can bring the disks back online.  If not, then I might need to restore from backup, which might take days...

Until the disks are back online, you won't be able to upload GPS data.

Elizabeth78

Recovery Phenom

How frustrating. Thank you so much for all  you do for us!

26.2 x 31 (3:15:34 PR)

13.1 x 35 (1:30:58 PR)

Author of the book Boston Bound

iamc0b

Thanks Eric, the site is awesome. Do what you need to do to get it right and i'll happily patiently wait.

Make sure to eat and sleep, and take the walk round the block. Sometimes you just need the clearance.

And of course good luck and again Thanks!

Jess runs for bacon

I'm am furious!!!  The corruption is caused by the tech unplugging the power.  It is completely avoidable. I will need to make another trip to the data center to see if I can bring the disks back online.  If not, then I might need to restore from backup, which might take days...

Until the disks are back online, you won't be able to upload GPS data.

Damn, even I would know better than to do that. Good luck!

Eric all you have to do is kick it or hit it with e crescent wrench and it will straighten up! Good luck wer're counting on ya!

HermosaBoy

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for the updates, Eric!  And thanks for the great care you take with this website.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Damn Eric, that really sucks.

I know there's probably not anything I can do to help, but the offer is there.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thank you for all your work to make everything work for all of us! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.