The Sweet Jacket (Read 1362 times)

xor

After the monkey, and after the beer tent, I will be offering "rides" to any girl that needs one.

"Needs".  Uh huh.

Kalsarikännit

and after the beer tent,

Roll eyes  Sure.  Except for one minor detail.  You are the only person I have ever met that even I (an uber-lightweight) could out drink.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

Either you are sweet

or

Your training for the Dirty Old Man club is almost complete

After the monkey, and after the beer tent, I will be offering "rides" to any girl that needs one.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

The King of Beasts

Roll eyes  Sure.  Except for one minor detail.  You are the only person I have ever met that even I (an uber-lightweight) could out drink.

yes, things could end up on the grass.

oops.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Kalsarikännit

Your training for the Dirty Old Man club is almost complete

You are a bad influence.  Leadville should be fun.  You two and that dirty old shit, Purdey.  God help me.

xor

Yes, but will you get a Sweet Jacket or a shirt from Leadville that you will treasure?

Kalsarikännit

They put your time on the sleeve of the Leadville sweatshirt. This can be a really good thing, or a really, really bad thing.

HappyFeat

I still wear this short sleeve T-shirt from the first 5-mile race I ever did.

It's kind of heavy weight cotton, so I don't choose it often; but it has gotten it's fair share of runs over the years.

Now this one I wear all the time. It's thin and comfy, and I love everything about it from the colors to the cat, to the memory of the only time I ever ran with my cousin Sis. You can't tell from this photo, but the letters are a bright turquoise - naturally I have shorts to matchBig grin

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Now this one I wear all the time. It's thin and comfy, and I love everything about it from the colors to the cat, to the memory of the only time I ever ran with my cousin Sis. You can't tell from this photo, but the letters are a bright turquoise - naturally I have shorts to matchBig grin

I hate the Sac Zoo Zoom shirt I got last year.  The main reason is the color.  It's a dark orange color.  Similar to the one you posted but darker.  I don't look good in orange...although some would say there really isn't a color I do look good in.

HappyFeat

maddog, mine is actually a bright yellow, not orange - the color didn't come out well in my photo.

Sorry you don't like your shirt. There are lots of other run shirts I don't favor, too.

maddog, mine is actually a bright yellow, not orange - the color didn't come out well in my photo.

Sorry you don't like your shirt. There are lots of other run shirts I don't favor, too.

Do you live here in Sac?

I have several lame shirts too, but those are all the cotton ones.  It seems that the cotton shirts are always too busy and way too many colors.  I like all of the tech shirts I've got.

Imminent Catastrophe

I run in my Bandera 100k jacket every day this time of year.  It is black, so I can wear it with anything and it is cut for a woman and is flattering (aka slimming).  Plus it may be my favorite race so I am very proud to wear its logo. 

Bandera--that's in Texas, right? Then it must be pretty flat.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Kalsarikännit

Bandera--that's in Texas, right? Then it must be pretty flat.

You would think that with the cost of the jacket, the RD couldn't afford to keep buying more rocks to put out on the course.

HappyFeat

Do you live here in Sac?

Not now, but I did then.  The best thing about that place was the availability of races....always something happening...great place to be a runner!

HappyFeat

You would think that with the cost of the jacket, the RD couldn't afford to keep buying more rocks to put out on the course.

seems I heard there was a mind-numbing amount of rocks on that trail