Billy Joel or Elton John? (Read 737 times)

PWL

Has been

David Bowie
    I'm Afraid of Americans. My sister used to listen to the soundtrack from the movie Labryinth all the time, so those songs are permanently drilled into my head too. Roll eyes

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

I've had similar reactions to both artists through the years. They've both had times when they were all over the radio & their music was played constantly. You kind of got sick of them. They both had declining record sales. I couldn't tell you a name of either of their last records but, you hear their music on the oldies stations all the time. The music stands up to the test of time. I have more Elton John songs on my Shuffle than Billy Joel songs so, I have to say Elton John.

Imminent Catastrophe

...The music stands up to the test of time ...
        Except for Billy Joel during the "Uptown Girl" period. Ick.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awww...c'mon, that's such a sweet ode to Christy! "And when she's walkin' she's lookin' so fi-yi-yine." No one ever sings that about me... Sad

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Swadvad

Elton musically, Billy personally -- but neither can match Elvis!
              A boy who had a crush on me was 11 used to say this song was for me, he thought I was a SNOB since I didn't like him. Roll eyes

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

"Just the Way You Are"
                Such a great song. In a recent interview, Paul McCartney was asked to name some songs that he was a little in awe of, and this was one of the tunes he named.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.