Duration recalculating incorrectly after save (Read 413 times)

Leoswife

When I enter in my mileage and duration it calculates my pace (i.e 3 miles; 30:00:00 minutes = 10:00:00/mile pace).  However, once I click save, in the summary it says the duration was 27:46:39, which in turn changes the pace.  It has done this on 3 separate workouts for 3 different durations (30, 45, 35 Minutes).

It's a bit annoying because it's not calculating the correct amount of time in total or for the individual run.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Johanna

If you are entering 30:00:00 to represent 30 minutes, then this is the likely the problem.

30 minutes should be entered as 30:00.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Leoswife

It doesn't matter what I enter as the time.  I've entered different times in different ways and it still comes up wrong.  Not sure what else to do?
        Leoswife

I'm an idiot.  You were right, I was entering the time in wrong.  But I'm still not sure why it was changing the duration on me.  Hopefully that won't happen anymore now that I'm not doing those 30 hour runs... Smile

Thanks!

You're welcome!

Since 27:46:39 adds up to 99,999 seconds, I'll guess it has to do with a limit in the pace calculation or it's variable types - but I'll leave that for eric to sort out.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

eric :)

Leoswife,

The database can only store values up to a certain size.  Anything larger will be reduced to the maximum allowed value.

eric :-)