breakfast before HM (Read 817 times)

What - nobody else has pizza before their HM? For me, that's about 3 hr before race start by the time I finish getting ready, drive to race start, and get there 1 hr before race. And I might top off with part of energy bar and sports drink while waiting.
    "So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

#artbydmcbride

No, never pizza! Clowning around Tongue

Runners run

obsessor

2 krispy kremes and a pot of black coffee.
          Sweet, thanks for all the replies. Not sure I'll try the krispy kreme idea though...lol! I like the idea of just gatorade, or something really light really early. I wasn't sure about stopping at aid stations because I've never drank water during my long runs, but we'll see how things are going and mebbe I'll grab some gatorade or something. Thanks!
          nextyearcubs

I like a smaller bowl of cereal 2-3 hours before a race or long run, followed by a power bar (apple cinnamon) with about 60-90 minutes. Wash it down with a quart of Gatorade. Seriously... but I get hunger pangs 90 minutes after eating a decent sized meal, so I'm probably the oddball here.

5K 20:20 9/17/11 13.1 1:36:58 6/12/11 26.2 3:34:19 9/23/2012

So how'd it go, Skeeter? I was looking for you based on your profile photo, but that obviously didn't work. And I forgot to wear the shirt I said I'd wear (was on vacation all last week, out of town and it slipped my mind.) Anyway, looks like it went well from your log. Congratulations! It was my buddy's first HM, too, and he was pleased. Beautiful trail, eh? Coulda done w/out that serious a downhill start -- put me out faster than I wanted -- and without the water treatment facility.
                Hey dnephnin! It was great! I'm really glad you told me about that one, it was a great one for my first HM. Well I made sure I didn't start out fast so I was in the back, but I ended up passing a ton of people! OMG, yeah I was ready to barf as I passed the sewage treatment thing. Tight lipped You had an awesome time, which is probably why I never saw you, too far in the front lol! I still can't believe I was under 2 hrs, I didn't think I would be! It was a fast course for sure, nice and flat except for coming into town, that part kinda sucked. I think I actually had an 8.45mile even with walking a few steps at a water stop. They had a ton of water, that was nice, do other HM's have that many? I thought it was a really well organized race, love my tshirt! So are you happy with your 20/316 placement, thats awesome! Congrats! I'm going to definitely try to do it again next year.
                  I was very pleased. I was trying to beat 1:29, which is what I did at the IKEA half in September. I'm sure my time was helped by the fact that this course was fast. As for other halfs, I've only done a handful. I'd say all were well organized (this was the smallest) and all had enough water/energy drink. Good luck next week in DC!
                  ud32

I had two packets of plain instant oatmeal and a bannana abuot 2+ hours before a HM - snacked on just a handful of pretzels 45 minutes before - it was perfect for me. give something a try on a training run.
                    JayMF

Congrats on the first HM! Great time!
                        Thanks deneph, ya my legs are still a bit sore, so hopefully I can get up the hilly course in dc hehe! Jay, thanks I was really excited about my time! Smile